How many hours are you revising each day? Watch

ReputationRep:
    so I was revising at about... four up to six hours extra every day

I have now completed all my courses

And now I have to try and remember all this for three months >.<

WHYYYYY

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just spent an hour and a half studying in the library, I'm quite pleased with myself I'm going to make some tea now and listen to some Barber and have a review session later on in the evening.
    How is everyone else doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Spent almost the entire day watching cricket. Physics mock tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    come on, you saddos must be ****ing joking. i haven't started revising my exams aren't for 2-2.5 months and, if you're doing A2s, neither are yours. god i hate the people on the ****ing student room. how are you possibly so hated and lonely that you can revise for 6 hours a day? have you ever given someone an orgasm? where's robbie, i bet he's put his slimy nose in this scummy thread. scum. utter supercilious scum. 6 hours a day, well done, you must be ****ing stupid then because you shouldn't need tha
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Reporter Team
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    30 hours per week, so just over 4 per day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Boots)
    come on, you saddos must be ****ing joking. i haven't started revising my exams aren't for 2-2.5 months and, if you're doing A2s, neither are yours. god i hate the people on the ****ing student room. how are you possibly so hated and lonely that you can revise for 6 hours a day? have you ever given someone an orgasm? where's robbie, i bet he's put his slimy nose in this scummy thread. scum. utter supercilious scum. 6 hours a day, well done, you must be ****ing stupid then because you shouldn't need tha
    This made me chuckle, so enthusiastic about others' revision times

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much nothing until 2 days before my exam. Then a solid few hours when I realise how screwed i am. I have a test on monday and one on tuesday and despite this I am spending my weekend going to watch a rugby game and will no doubt watch the F1 on sunday. I really am useless.

ReputationRep:
    They can do whatever the **** they want, if it means them getting really good grades then hats off to them they deserve it if they are putting in that amount of work. Maybe you should start revising unless you are a genius and don't need to and even then it's not a good mind set to have. Some people work their butts off to get C's and that to them is an amazing achievement.

ReputationRep:
    Normally a few hours a day 2 months before the exams I try to do most of my revision in my school library so don't do much at home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxm)
    I set targets not hours.
    That's what A* students do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul.dirac121)
    A level maths? Is it as hard as they say?
    No!! Alevel maths is the easiest a level as there is literally nothing to earn, it's pure understanding. Maths is just logic, it's like a language that everyone speaks. If you're a logical person then it's great.

ReputationRep:
    My out-of-lesson work schedule:
    About 2-3 hours per weekday (that includes free hours at college)
    5-8 hours in total over the weekend.

Again, it varies by if I set any targets/goals, have any important stuff coming up or how I feel.
    I have started a little bit of revision that counts as out-of-lesson work by textbook questions, creating mindmaps and the odd past paper. But it's not serious yet

Towards exam season it might go up to 2-4 hours and 6-10 hours.

ReputationRep:
    Aha I wish. My first A2 is in 6 weeks D:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kendellex)
    Aha I wish. My first A2 is in 6 weeks D:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    unlucky fella

ReputationRep:
    unlucky fella
    Actually my first three are in the same week. I wish mine started in June

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha everyone is revising and I dont even need to, and the only time I do it just classes as learning software.

ReputationRep:
    Probably only around 2hours a day im dreading this... History a2 is a hell, so much to learn

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mastermdc)
    That's what A* students do.
    And how does one do this?

I have 6 exams (Cheers Ofqual and Gove) and 2 of them (1 subject) I'm pretty good at - A*s in mocks, and I have my head wrapped round, it's just practice really so I am trying to lay off that subject as best I can despite the fact it's my favourite.

So for the time being, I am doing around 2 hours every evening - note that I just started that this past week.
    During the Easter holidays I imagine I'll do around 4 or 5 hours a day.

ReputationRep:
    O_o

Mate you have issues...

I revised like 6hours a day last year, I'm doing very well and on track for 2 grade 1's in STEP I and II along with grades A*A*A

How am I ****ing stupid for revising more?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    O_o

Mate you have issues...

I revised like 6hours a day last year, I'm doing very well and on track for 2 grade 1's in STEP I and II along with grades A*A*A

How am I ****ing stupid for revising more?
    Where do people get these 6 hours?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.