Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

How many hours are you revising each day? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I try to do between 5 and 6, but some of that is spent procrastinating in the most ridiculous ways, like stretching and staring at the wall. Yesterday I done 5 hours, today just 3, but I'll be without internet for the next few days so I'll try and do about 5-6 hours then. Social life is on hold for most people in my year (year 12).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    at the moment 0 hours and 0 minutes

ReputationRep:
    Minimum of 9 at the moment, going to increase it to maybe 10-12 to make time to revise for my AS resits!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jorose10)
    Minimum of 9 at the moment, going to increase it to maybe 10-12 to make time to revise for my AS resits!
    How do you manage that??!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    example of a day: start revising at 9:30-10, revise biology for 4 hours with a break after 2 hours for 10 minutes. takes me to around 2pm. revise chemistry for 3 hours with a half hour break for food at 3:30. Takes me to 5:30. Revise Maths for 2 hours/do maths past paper until 7:30. TV for half an hour... then I plan to revise for AS 8-8:30 until 10 or 10:30. I also plan to start revising earlier than 9:30, somewhere between 8 and 9 from tomorrow onwards.... I have 12 exams in summer though, 7 A2 modules and 5 AS modules...

ReputationRep:
    example of a day: start revising at 9:30-10, revise biology for 4 hours with a break after 2 hours for 10 minutes. takes me to around 2pm. revise chemistry for 3 hours with a half hour break for food at 3:30. Takes me to 5:30. Revise Maths for 2 hours/do maths past paper until 7:30. TV for half an hour... then I plan to revise for AS 8-8:30 until 10 or 10:30. I also plan to start revising earlier than 9:30, somewhere between 8 and 9 from tomorrow onwards.... I have 12 exams in summer though, 7 A2 modules and 5 AS modules...
    That's mad aha! I'm really organised but I don't put that much work in! I do hour burst from 9-7 with breaks for lunch and dinner and a break between each subject change (to clean my mind). I can only work efficiently for around 50 minutes so there is no point of me working 3 hours. I have 14 exams in the summer (10 A2 and 4 AS)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kendellex)
    That's mad aha! I'm really organised but I don't put that much work in! I do hour burst from 9-7 with breaks for lunch and dinner and a break between each subject change (to clean my mind). I can only work efficiently for around 50 minutes so there is no point of me working 3 hours. I have 14 exams in the summer (10 A2 and 4 AS)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know it's crazy!!! But my AS results were not good at all so i'm determined to do as much as i can to do well this summer...

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god you are really committed! Same i didn't do too well but i'm not retaking as i can't handle the stress :/ I have 9 exams and i haven't started yet, i'm gonna start tonight or tomorrow early morning. Good luck with revision!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    10,000 hours a day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jatz07)
    I'm doing AS at the moment: Biology, Chemistry, History, Maths and the Extended Project and I am hoping to study Dentistry! I need to work more harder!

, How's A-level revision going?
    Ah ok and wow good luck! i do maths too, just make sure you get great grades this year so that you can focus on just a2 next year! It's going ok, but had i worked harder last year as i am doing this year it would have been easier.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    5 A2's in june.. not started. Probably won't for a while.

I actually don't know how to revise? idk :/

Help?

ReputationRep:
    0 right now, I’m in second year university & I have a couple pieces of coursework due in and meetings with potential dissertation supervisors to be getting on with atm ):
    Next week I’ll try to get in a couple of hours a day, then the following week I have a week-long fieldtrip soo nothing will get done then. After that the plan is to do roughly 4-6 hours a day.

ReputationRep:
    I know it's crazy!!! But my AS results were not good at all so i'm determined to do as much as i can to do well this summer...
    You could find a really efficient way to revise! I'm currently trying different methods of revising. I've a test today and I've been listening to podcasts all day. My best method was sticking pages on a wall and keeping rewriting facts whilst teaching my cat. Sounds weird but I got 100% in my last test

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    8 hours but some of it is spent procastanation by staring dumbly at the wall and looking at the sunny lit garden. Yesterday i managed to do two english papers thats 4 hours, revise chemistry and biology and answer a C2 maths paper. Todays focus is on past papers for all my subject so that is 8 units. But i will probally do 4 past papers today. One for each subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Between 3-6 hours a day. Mostly 4/5 hours. And I'm talking proper hours with no distractions

That allows me to cover lots in depth, but not burn myself out. I've found that more than 6 hours and I become a zombie :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Threads like these make me want to die.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BWCW)
    Threads like these make me want to die.
    Same... There's me using TSR as another way to procrastinate, and then you stumble upon a thread full of people working hours that you can only wish you had the determination to work!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matthew150)
    Same... There's me using TSR as another way to procrastinate, and then you stumble upon a thread full of people working hours that you can only wish you had the determination to work!
    True say!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matthew150)
    Exactly! I think I've done a grand total of 9 hours so far this holiday, let alone in one day! :lol:

I really need to get my act together. :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    I haven't started 😰😰

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.