Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

How many hours are you revising each day? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Starting to build up in the holidays - to around 4-5 hours.

Edit: Seeing someone post 12 hours - incredible!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex-Torres)
    Starting to build up in the holidays - to around 4-5 hours.

Edit: Seeing someone post 12 hours - incredible!
    12 hours is mad aha!! I'm doing three hours a day right now but I'm still at school

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    barely 10minutes anight a quick read through a book is all i do but doing it every day does add up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadoo)
    barely 10minutes anight a quick read through a book is all i do but doing it every day does add up
    Lawl are you serious or? what subjects do you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadoo)
    Good luck with that...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jatz07)
    That's not enough...
    i know right, I need to step up!

ReputationRep:
    6 hours a day, apart from Friday when I do 4 hours!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Harold)
    6 hours a day, apart from Friday when I do 4 hours!
    You wild one!

ReputationRep:
    Taking AS Psychology, Biology, Economics, and Cambridge Pre-U Global Perspectives. Aiming for ABB + Distinction/Merit. Is 4-5 a day enough considering it's 32 days until first exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex-Torres)
    You wild one!
    Haha, completely reckless, living life on the edge!

ReputationRep:
    for a levels is everybody slowly starting to get into rythm. my first exam is 13th may but then its 3rd june up until 24th june. should i start proper past papers yet?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    I can't seem to kick in properly.

I know that I generally have a vague idea of what the questions on about, so like I know most of the content but they are the odd questions which just end up literally killing me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cem101)
    for a levels is everybody slowly starting to get into rythm. my first exam is 13th may but then its 3rd june up until 24th june. should i start proper past papers yet?
    Yep, find as many as you can and start working through them, but gradually, so spread them out between now and your exams

ReputationRep:
    For my A-Levels I probably did about 3 hours a day and then did probably 6 hours a day in the days leading up to the exams.
    For my law degree I have to revise for about 4-5 a day. Why oh why.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saaay)
    I haven't started ���������� �

Posted from TSR Mobile
    When / what are your exams?

ReputationRep:
    My exams arent for a month and a half only got 3 this year so i reckon i can get away with it this year next year i might revise more...

ReputationRep:
    After graduation (yes, we graduate for 2 weeks before taking As) I pretty much did 10-12 hours a day, and after the exam itself, depending on the exam the next day (e.g. written paper, etc.) I'd go to Starbucks with a friend and camp there for about 12 hours. This was pretty common not just in my school but pretty much for everyone in the country taking their As. Of course, sometimes you get distracted/tired so nothing goes into your brain so I'd estimate maybe 8 hours for every 10 I was there, and 9 for every 12?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Have too much homework to even think about revising. I'm not good at revising anyway have this weird memory where I can only access the knowledge & put stuff in when I'm in lessons or exams which is sort of unfortunate but I tend to get all B's anyway so I should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    During these Easter holidays I'm currently aiming for 8 hours a day for my 3 AS levels. The minimum I do is 5 hours. If I don't do much revision in a day then I end up being awake all night feeling guilty and wanting to work :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Ok so I haven't started yet as I still have school and I have damn art to do. Perhaps I'll try and do 5 a day (probably wont happen though).

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.