The Student Room Group

How many hours are you revising each day?

Scroll to see replies

Currently none. :eek:
Can't work at home too many distractions, need to get back to uni.
How much has everyone done over half term?
Haven't started revising yet :colondollar:
Reply 1103
I'm doing Biology, Chemistry and Geography at A2 with a couple of AS retakes. I've started revision but nothing hard core. Does anyone think its too late??
Original post by HWazed96
I'm doing Biology, Chemistry and Geography at A2 with a couple of AS retakes. I've started revision but nothing hard core. Does anyone think its too late??

No one can possibly answer this, everyone is different and has a different brain. If you have to ask, then perhaps, but it'd only be your fault. Start now, revising all day.
Hours? Haha I'm lucky if I can make it tone hour a day lol!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1106
Original post by ozzyoscy
No one can possibly answer this, everyone is different and has a different brain. If you have to ask, then perhaps, but it'd only be your fault. Start now, revising all day.

I can't possibly revise all day long. But its true what you are saying about everyone being different
I can't possibly revise all day long. But its true what you are saying about everyone being different

If you want it, you can. If you're not fussed, you won't. I haven't played a video game in weeks, but I know after June I can play them all day. You can't decide to start revising in a couple of months, though.
Reply 1108
Original post by ozzyoscy
If you want it, you can. If you're not fussed, you won't. I haven't played a video game in weeks, but I know after June I can play them all day. You can't decide to start revising in a couple of months, though.

Thank you for your words of wisdom Ozzy, I will pick up the workload from now
I have 11 exams, but with some of them being French, German, ICT, English Literature and English Language. Make that 6 exams XD
Okay so I did an insane amount on the first Monday and Tuesday of the Easter break. Was feeling fantastic and on top of everything. Did not pick up a book for the rest of the two weeks. I'm aiming for all A's (at AS level) and feel absolutely ****ed. Dreading tomorrow (back to school) but I'm glad to hear I'm not alone!
Original post by victoryrose
Okay so I did an insane amount on the first Monday and Tuesday of the Easter break. Was feeling fantastic and on top of everything. Did not pick up a book for the rest of the two weeks. I'm aiming for all A's (at AS level) and feel absolutely ****ed. Dreading tomorrow (back to school) but I'm glad to hear I'm not alone!

Don't worry, you'll be fine! Just don't burn yourself out!
And it's really weird that people are going back tomorrow! I've a whole week still

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1112

I barely revised during the Easter:/ I planned to do 12 hours a day but only managed about 6 hours in two weeks:') I also have A2s and AS retakes but if we start revising from now we should be more than fine:smile: Don't keep telling yourself it's too late, that's what I did last year so I gave up instead. It's NOT to late, we have plenty of time:biggrin: Good luck!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by saaay
I barely revised during the Easter:/ I planned to do 12 hours a day but only managed about 6 hours in two weeks:') I also have A2s and AS retakes but if we start revising from now we should be more than fine:smile: Don't keep telling yourself it's too late, that's what I did last year so I gave up instead. It's NOT to late, we have plenty of time:biggrin: Good luck!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

How can you do 12 hours a day as well as sleep/eat/have breaks/stay sane :confused:
Original post by kendellex
Don't worry, you'll be fine! Just don't burn yourself out!
And it's really weird that people are going back tomorrow! I've a whole week still

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw thanks, here's hoping! And I didn't even realise there were some schools that weren't, haha.
Its a relief to see there are still people who haven't started hardcore revision (like me :P) i couldn't sleep the whole night.i was just thinking about how i have managed to screw up everything again and completely wasted the whole week. We have school for two weeks but i probably won't go as we are through with the syllabus.
Can someone explain to me why people write notes from their textbooks for revision, when all of the information they need is in the textbook in the first place?
Original post by snikutsmullac
Can someone explain to me why people write notes from their textbooks for revision, when all of the information they need is in the textbook in the first place?

Because writing things is a lot more effective for learning things than reading them is for a lot of people, and once the notes are written there is much less to read than there would have been in the textbook and less waffle. Some people go on to make notes or cards from their notes, which condenses it even more.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by snikutsmullac

Generally in the textbook the information is really waffly and so people write down key points according to the spec. Plus it might help others remember it more and when it comes down to revision instead of looking at a 100+ pages text book you have a a dozen or two of synthesised notes.

I personally make notes as it helps me understand the content and during revision I don't feel overwhelmed as my notes include all the necessary information needed.

But if making notes doesn't help you, then don't make any. As they say "different strokes for different folk".
I work quite a few daya so only manage about 3hours in evening otherwise around 8hours of studying if im off from work... have an exam tomorrow :frown::frown::frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending