The Student Room Group

How many hours are you revising each day?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The.Joker
Generally in the textbook the information is really waffly and so people write down key points according to the spec. Plus it might help others remember it more and when it comes down to revision instead of looking at a 100+ pages text book you have a a dozen or two of synthesised notes.

I personally make notes as it helps me understand the content and during revision I don't feel overwhelmed as my notes include all the necessary information needed.

But if making notes doesn't help you, then don't make any. As they say "different strokes for different folk".

I see. I don't make notes. Cba with that ****.
I really need to start revision, but I don't know what is the best way in which I can do so effectively. Writing out notes doesn't help me much some of the information sticks but not a lot of it. I don't know what other techniques I should try.
I wanna be able to revise every single subject/module per day, any advice? Not for hours and hours obviously but idk do i allocate 30-60minutes to a certain topic then take a break and start the next, etc and then at the end of everything recap? How do you guys reviseeee.. Been doing since the age of god knows when lol but i still don't feel like i truly know how to revise

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1123
Original post by hannah697
How can you do 12 hours a day as well as sleep/eat/have breaks/stay sane :confused:

I planned on doing that during the Easter hols because some people on this thread said they were revising 9 hours or more. But I didn't manage anywhere near that:')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Even though the exams are so close i'm barely managing 3 hours a day, i have HUMUNGOUS breaks

It's because i'm so bored and stressed at the same time about the work

It's enough learning about the subject without having to sit-down, be re-introduced with all the content all over again and have to drill it into your head. School and the standardisation of learning make all the otherwise really exciting fun subjects seem as dull as ever!
Original post by JustBeing
Even though the exams are so close i'm barely managing 3 hours a day, i have HUMUNGOUS breaks

It's because i'm so bored and stressed at the same time about the work

It's enough learning about the subject without having to sit-down, be re-introduced with all the content all over again and have to drill it into your head. School and the standardisation of learning make all the otherwise really exciting fun subjects seem as dull as ever!

Omd,for a sec I thought I wrote this comment,then realised the name was different!:L im exactly the same!but worse,only manage 1hr ( I do 15mins burst of revision)

Im in dire need of a miracle or brain transplant if im to get A's in these exams,

I really wanna do 4hrs like everyone else...just isnt happnig tho.f.s,so annoying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TSRuserrr9
Omd,for a sec I thought I wrote this comment,then realised the name was different!:L im exactly the same!but worse,only manage 1hr ( I do 15mins burst of revision)

Im in dire need of a miracle or brain transplant if im to get A's in these exams,

I really wanna do 4hrs like everyone else...just isnt happnig tho.f.s,so annoying.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The people who are doing 4 hours are wishing they'd do 6 hours.
Reply 1127
Original post by snikutsmullac
Can someone explain to me why people write notes from their textbooks for revision, when all of the information they need is in the textbook in the first place?

this

and when i rewrite the notes cutting words out and in ways i can understand.....also when i learn them i revise better and remember things from my own handwriting.
16 days until my first exam, I so need to revise more :eek3:
Original post by hannah697
16 days until my first exam, I so need to revise more :eek3:

Don't do this to me!
I've been I'll all week so haven't revised at all. I am so behind!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kendellex
Don't do this to me!
I've been I'll all week so haven't revised at all. I am so behind!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't post stuff like this at this time! It only encourages people like me to procrastinate more:tongue:
I can't sleep, the stress is just piling up :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
First exam (French speaking) two weeks tomorrow!! what better way to prepare than by having 6 maths, 2 chemistry and 2 physics mocks this week?? thanks school :smile:
Need to ramp revision up hard now. 2 past papers for each subject.
Original post by SassQueen13
I can't sleep, the stress is just piling up :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I'm sure a few could tell by your horrendous aggression in the Evanescence thread.
I have 9 days until my first exam. Ffs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ozzyoscy
Yes I'm sure a few could tell by your horrendous aggression in the Evanescence thread.

I wasn't aggressive at all actually. You're the one who was rude for no reason and wanted to start a fight with me when you had no reason to. I made that thread because I love Evanescence and wanted to find like minded people who appreciate them. It's your opinion if you don't like them but I don't see the need to comment and aim to start a fight.
Original post by SassQueen13
I wasn't aggressive at all actually. You're the one who was rude for no reason and wanted to start a fight with me

You'll actually find no evidence of this. This is exactly what I'm saying. You just defined someone else not sharing your view as a "fight", even by your own words as "rude", because of your aggressive nature. A fight? That's insane. A fight on a forum. Come on. You can be more mature than that.
(edited 9 years ago)
Finished the notes about 2 weeks ago and since then I have basically exhausted the past paper resource :s-smilie:
The specification saves me hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending