Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

How many hours are you revising each day? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by victoryrose)
    Okay so I did an insane amount on the first Monday and Tuesday of the Easter break. Was feeling fantastic and on top of everything. Did not pick up a book for the rest of the two weeks. I'm aiming for all A's (at AS level) and feel absolutely ****ed. Dreading tomorrow (back to school) but I'm glad to hear I'm not alone!
    Don't worry, you'll be fine! Just don't burn yourself out!
    And it's really weird that people are going back tomorrow! I've a whole week still

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HWazed96)
    I'm doing Biology, Chemistry and Geography at A2 with a couple of AS retakes. I've started revision but nothing hard core. Does anyone think its too late??
    I barely revised during the Easter:/ I planned to do 12 hours a day but only managed about 6 hours in two weeks:') I also have A2s and AS retakes but if we start revising from now we should be more than fine Don't keep telling yourself it's too late, that's what I did last year so I gave up instead. It's NOT to late, we have plenty of time Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saaay)
    I barely revised during the Easter:/ I planned to do 12 hours a day but only managed about 6 hours in two weeks:') I also have A2s and AS retakes but if we start revising from now we should be more than fine Don't keep telling yourself it's too late, that's what I did last year so I gave up instead. It's NOT to late, we have plenty of time Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How can you do 12 hours a day as well as sleep/eat/have breaks/stay sane :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kendellex)
    Don't worry, you'll be fine! Just don't burn yourself out!
    And it's really weird that people are going back tomorrow! I've a whole week still

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aw thanks, here's hoping! And I didn't even realise there were some schools that weren't, haha.

ReputationRep:
    Its a relief to see there are still people who haven't started hardcore revision (like me :P) i couldn't sleep the whole night.i was just thinking about how i have managed to screw up everything again and completely wasted the whole week. We have school for two weeks but i probably won't go as we are through with the syllabus.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone explain to me why people write notes from their textbooks for revision, when all of the information they need is in the textbook in the first place?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snikutsmullac)
    Can someone explain to me why people write notes from their textbooks for revision, when all of the information they need is in the textbook in the first place?
    Because writing things is a lot more effective for learning things than reading them is for a lot of people, and once the notes are written there is much less to read than there would have been in the textbook and less waffle. Some people go on to make notes or cards from their notes, which condenses it even more.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Generally in the textbook the information is really waffly and so people write down key points according to the spec. Plus it might help others remember it more and when it comes down to revision instead of looking at a 100+ pages text book you have a a dozen or two of synthesised notes.

I personally make notes as it helps me understand the content and during revision I don't feel overwhelmed as my notes include all the necessary information needed.

But if making notes doesn't help you, then don't make any. As they say "different strokes for different folk".

ReputationRep:
    I work quite a few daya so only manage about 3hours in evening otherwise around 8hours of studying if im off from work... have an exam tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    Generally in the textbook the information is really waffly and so people write down key points according to the spec. Plus it might help others remember it more and when it comes down to revision instead of looking at a 100+ pages text book you have a a dozen or two of synthesised notes.

I personally make notes as it helps me understand the content and during revision I don't feel overwhelmed as my notes include all the necessary information needed.

But if making notes doesn't help you, then don't make any. As they say "different strokes for different folk".
    I see. I don't make notes. Cba with that ****.

ReputationRep:
    I really need to start revision, but I don't know what is the best way in which I can do so effectively. Writing out notes doesn't help me much some of the information sticks but not a lot of it. I don't know what other techniques I should try.

ReputationRep:
    I wanna be able to revise every single subject/module per day, any advice? Not for hours and hours obviously but idk do i allocate 30-60minutes to a certain topic then take a break and start the next, etc and then at the end of everything recap? How do you guys reviseeee.. Been doing since the age of god knows when lol but i still don't feel like i truly know how to revise

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah697)
    How can you do 12 hours a day as well as sleep/eat/have breaks/stay sane :confused:
    I planned on doing that during the Easter hols because some people on this thread said they were revising 9 hours or more. But I didn't manage anywhere near that:')

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Even though the exams are so close i'm barely managing 3 hours a day, i have HUMUNGOUS breaks

It's because i'm so bored and stressed at the same time about the work

It's enough learning about the subject without having to sit-down, be re-introduced with all the content all over again and have to drill it into your head. School and the standardisation of learning make all the otherwise really exciting fun subjects seem as dull as ever!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustBeing)
    Even though the exams are so close i'm barely managing 3 hours a day, i have HUMUNGOUS breaks

It's because i'm so bored and stressed at the same time about the work

It's enough learning about the subject without having to sit-down, be re-introduced with all the content all over again and have to drill it into your head. School and the standardisation of learning make all the otherwise really exciting fun subjects seem as dull as ever!
    Omd,for a sec I thought I wrote this comment,then realised the name was different!:L im exactly the same!but worse,only manage 1hr ( I do 15mins burst of revision)

Im in dire need of a miracle or brain transplant if im to get A's in these exams,

I really wanna do 4hrs like everyone else...just isnt happnig tho.f.s,so annoying.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSRuserrr9)
    Omd,for a sec I thought I wrote this comment,then realised the name was different!:L im exactly the same!but worse,only manage 1hr ( I do 15mins burst of revision)

Im in dire need of a miracle or brain transplant if im to get A's in these exams,

I really wanna do 4hrs like everyone else...just isnt happnig tho.f.s,so annoying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The people who are doing 4 hours are wishing they'd do 6 hours.

ReputationRep:
    this

and when i rewrite the notes cutting words out and in ways i can understand.....also when i learn them i revise better and remember things from my own handwriting.

ReputationRep:
    16 days until my first exam, I so need to revise more :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah697)
    16 days until my first exam, I so need to revise more :eek3:
    Don't do this to me!
    I've been I'll all week so haven't revised at all. I am so behind!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kendellex)
    Don't do this to me!
    I've been I'll all week so haven't revised at all. I am so behind!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't post stuff like this at this time! It only encourages people like me to procrastinate more

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.