The Student Room Group

How many hours are you revising each day?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Wild Youth
You can do one for me?? :wink: I'm so useless :frown: :frown:

EDIT; I'm not serious..... much.

If you need help creating a timetable, just visit this website. http://getrevising.co.uk/ It creates one automatically for you based on which exams you have and how you want to prioritize your revision, etc. I'm currently doing about 2-3 hours a day but this will probably increase as my exams draw closer. I'm doing 2 Geography Exams and a Business Studies paper, on the 14th of May, 21st of May and 4th of June respectively.
None.

I just do not even know where to start -_-
Reply 102
I'm doing about a hour a day maximum at the moment, don't see how people can be doing so much revision so early- surely you don't have that much to learn.
Reply 103
i havent done much :frown:
Reply 104
Original post by The Wild Youth
You can do one for me?? :wink: I'm so useless :frown: :frown:

EDIT; I'm not serious..... much.

certainly. but not for free, mind. i charge per passing grade obtained.
Reply 105
Is it just me thats finished for the day? :rolleyes:
I do 6-8 hours a day;and I'm taking 6 exams :')
Reply 107
I'll probably start notes tomorrow for some units, the reading is pretty much done. :wink:
Reply 108
When are all of you planning to start past papers? I'll probably start them when I go back as I can get teachers to mark them.
Reply 109
Not enough😭😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
8 Exams (6 A2 & 2 AS)

I need AAB to achieve my offer and therefore need an A in physics, a B in maths and a C in politics this year.

I've focused on maths and politics so far. I'm not planning on doing too much for politics as I only need a C and I somehow managed to get an A last year without too much revision - I hadn't gotten an A all year till the final exam :O

I really need to step up my game for physics, an A will be the real test for me. I'm resitting unit 2 to boost my UMS (currently 5 under an A) so I'll start with that as it's my first exam. Unit 4 will be the hardest I think. It won't be as 'fresh' in my mind as unit 5 and I think in general it is harder, so I'll spend the most time on that. My C3 maths resit is the hardest of my maths, so I'll start doing the past papers for that soon.

On topic, I've done a maths paper and a politics essay each day so far xD Sorry about all the ramble, it helped me to collect my thoughs :rolleyes:
Reply 111
I'm going by targets, not hours. I'd say my average day consists of work all day, with breaks in between. I don't want to do too much revision in one day though, if that makes sense, I think it's better to really get your head around something you're finding tricky than try to learn the entire specification in a week, briefly covering the tricky stuff.
8 hours a day because I have 8 exams (4 subjects Unit 1 AND Unit 2)
Reply 113
For all the people who set targets instead of hours, do you have breaks if your target takes more than say, 1 hour?
Original post by LaughingGas
For all the people who set targets instead of hours, do you have breaks if your target takes more than say, 1 hour?

Yep. When I feel myself getting distracted half way through a topic I just have a 15 minute break then come back to it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by textbookloser
I swear I sit In front of my books all day and for every hour of revision there is four hours of nostalgic gazing out of the window!

Oh God, this is the story of my life. :redface: I do my revision sat on a settee by the window, which overlooks my road, and I spend literally hours just staring outside, spying on passersby. I do it so much I actually recognise randomers that walk by each day, and I can predict when they'll come and sometimes even what they're wearing.
:colondollar:
Original post by YThursday
8 Exams (6 A2 & 2 AS)

I need AAB to achieve my offer and therefore need an A in physics, a B in maths and a C in politics this year.

I've focused on maths and politics so far. I'm not planning on doing too much for politics as I only need a C and I somehow managed to get an A last year without too much revision - I hadn't gotten an A all year till the final exam :O

I really need to step up my game for physics, an A will be the real test for me. I'm resitting unit 2 to boost my UMS (currently 5 under an A) so I'll start with that as it's my first exam. Unit 4 will be the hardest I think. It won't be as 'fresh' in my mind as unit 5 and I think in general it is harder, so I'll spend the most time on that. My C3 maths resit is the hardest of my maths, so I'll start doing the past papers for that soon.

On topic, I've done a maths paper and a politics essay each day so far xD Sorry about all the ramble, it helped me to collect my thoughs :rolleyes:

hey bro omg im literally in same position as you!!!! i need A in chem B in maths C in psychology! i also have 8 exams 6 a2's 2 a's! how is your revision man !! i need to get high A's in both chemistry a2 modules doing 4 maths 2 psychology (just need c+b in psychology units) need b's throughout the maths
Reply 117
Original post by YThursday
8 Exams (6 A2 & 2 AS)

Wow i am doing Politics in May. Any tips?
Original post by Craming Revision
hey bro omg im literally in same position as you!!!! i need A in chem B in maths C in psychology! i also have 8 exams 6 a2's 2 a's! how is your revision man !! i need to get high A's in both chemistry a2 modules doing 4 maths 2 psychology (just need c+b in psychology units) need b's throughout the maths

Haha, I just hope I didn't mess up my A2 isa so I'm actually in with a shot at this A in physics. I should be fine for maths, I'm finding almost everything in C4 easier than C3 and I've just done two stats papers so I feel confident.

Politics could go either way, its rather hit or miss for me, not too sure about it, but once we finish the syllabus I think I'll know what I need to do to be more confident.

Good luck with your work dude! Hope it all goes excellently for ya :biggrin:
Original post by sammyvine
Wow i am doing Politics in May. Any tips?

Hmm, for AS? I'd just say make sure you are confident about each topic and that you can do most of the questions from all of the past papers, you don't want to go in relying on certain questions coming up.

It's also important to know lots of current examples going on in the news. Chris Huhne and all those kinda things. The night before the exam/day of the exam make sure you scour the BBC News website looking for something that is relevant from the last 24 hrs. That will really impress the examiner.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending