The Student Room Group

How many hours are you revising each day?

Scroll to see replies

Im only sitting my Spanish and history exams this year (yr 10 )
I'm revising on weekdays around 2-3 hours Nd during weekend 5-6 hours.
Posted from TSR Mobile
I have IGSCE exam on chemistry and geography... Extremely scared because I'm a private candidate and self taught although I did start revising in January I still don't have the confident.

I say revise and become a success those who say start in one week trust me don't listen to them you should start at least 3 months earlier even better at the start of your course do at least 2 hours of revision at home and when you get closer to the exams i.e three to four months earlier do more revision hours and do well.
Original post by Legal drugdealer
who actually counts the number of hours though?

Lots of people. Helps some people by giving them confidence in themselves, which is very good asset to have during exam period.
Original post by ozzyoscy
My first exam isn't till the 19th. It's annoying knowing that I understand it all, but I have a week to remember 4 units. Should be enough, but it doesn't really matter if you start 'revising' a month or a week before exams, if you remember it then you remember it, if you don't then you don't. Stupid memory tests.

this is pretty much it especially the subjects I'm doing

if you know exam technique then its all about memory

some people can remember things, dates etc...
i hope I'm blessed to be on of them!
Original post by ahmad94
Lots of people. Helps some people by giving them confidence in themselves, which is very good asset to have during exam period.

It gives me confidence and keeps me revising which is good.
I told myself I wouldn't let myself cram because i'd learnt my lesson not to do it all at the end of the year, yet here I am again!

But hey, at least it's fresh in your mind when you leave it late

BUT NEXT YEAR FOR SURE, I will not leave it this late, in fact i'm going to start revising for A2 in my summer holidays and get any help from the internet
Original post by JustBeing
I told myself I wouldn't let myself cram because i'd learnt my lesson not to do it all at the end of the year, yet here I am again!

But hey, at least it's fresh in your mind when you leave it late

BUT NEXT YEAR FOR SURE, I will not leave it this late, in fact i'm going to start revising for A2 in my summer holidays and get any help from the internet

This is what I'm going to do, but it won't work how you think of it. There's two parts: studying, then revising what you studied. You can certainly study in your summer holidays, but if you 'revised' you wouldn't remember any of it by the time of the exams.

Probably the best structure is to study in the summer holidays, then revise it every month or two, followed by the usual 24/7 proper revising in the week or two up to exams.
Maybe 4-6 hours a day. I still don't feel prepared.
Every evening, I'm doing about 5 or 6 hours. But then again, I have six exams this week. :s-smilie:
So not prepared for retake on Wednesday -_-
Original post by ozzyoscy
This is what I'm going to do, but it won't work how you think of it. There's two parts: studying, then revising what you studied. You can certainly study in your summer holidays, but if you 'revised' you wouldn't remember any of it by the time of the exams.

Probably the best structure is to study in the summer holidays, then revise it every month or two, followed by the usual 24/7 proper revising in the week or two up to exams.

Thanks, and yeah I know what you mean
I started mid march doing like 3-4 hours a day.
Then during Easter I did 7-8 hours a day.
I'm doing 10-12 hours a day now and I still don't feel like I've done enough. Oh I hate AS levels so much.
I'm kind of doing something everyday, so most of the time I'm doing something productive. However, I do take long breaks like going out or just relaxing.

Exams next week so that pressure keeps me going.
Im exactly the same :| my breaks are ridiculously long though..like 4 hrs of doing other stuff then get back to 15-25mins of intense revision.

how do you force yourself to stay focused:confused: iv tried everything;yet failing,miserably,times wizzing passed me too ugh

Fml.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How has everyone's exams been going? Is anyone taking days off over half term? I'm taking Sunday off as I have been revising for a month and a bit without a rest haha :redface:
Original post by Fuenciado
I started mid march doing like 3-4 hours a day.
Then during Easter I did 7-8 hours a day.
I'm doing 10-12 hours a day now and I still don't feel like I've done enough. Oh I hate AS levels so much.

how can you do that many? :baffled:

Posted from TSR Mobile
i do between 6-8 hours a day, i take very long breaks like 1.5 very 1/2 hours revising

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ive got two exams - Biology
One on the 13th and other 20th.
I'm tryna keep calm. so much to do!!
I'd say about 2-4 hours a day now as I've been doing during weekends since Feb.
Original post by Chloeheart
Ive got two exams - Biology
One on the 13th and other 20th.
I'm tryna keep calm. so much to do!!

you do biology too :happy: what are you predictions? i so scared for by4 ahhhhhh :eek: do you do wjec or OCR?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending