The Student Room Group

How many hours are you revising each day?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by YThursday
Hmm, for AS? I'd just say make sure you are confident about each topic and that you can do most of the questions from all of the past papers, you don't want to go in relying on certain questions coming up.

It's also important to know lots of current examples going on in the news. Chris Huhne and all those kinda things. The night before the exam/day of the exam make sure you scour the BBC News website looking for something that is relevant from the last 24 hrs. That will really impress the examiner.

AS
Okay thanks for that. Best to learn 3 topics right?

Yeah like gun crime in America could be brought up when talking about arguments for a written constitution or not (basically america's constitution has prevented them from banning guns etc..) is that the sort of thing you mean?
Managed about half an hour a day on average, hating on my uni course.
Original post by sammyvine
AS
Okay thanks for that. Best to learn 3 topics right?

Yeah like gun crime in America could be brought up when talking about arguments for a written constitution or not (basically america's constitution has prevented them from banning guns etc..) is that the sort of thing you mean?

Well, we learned all of it except for the judiciary. We do OCR.

That's a good example, but not up to date. You really need stuff from the last year or so depending on the topic. For the constitution its gonna be hard to get up to date stuff, so if you can't find much on it, don't worry.
Original post by Maid Marian
Oh God, this is the story of my life. :redface: I do my revision sat on a settee by the window, which overlooks my road, and I spend literally hours just staring outside, spying on passersby. I do it so much I actually recognise randomers that walk by each day, and I can predict when they'll come and sometimes even what they're wearing.
:colondollar:

revision leaves you living vicariously through others because your social life is dead!
Reply 124
Last week (Start of Easter) I did 8 hours for nearly a wek...burnt out and now only 2 hours a day of notes and some background reading.

When I get back next week, I will probably end up reading over all my notes, writing up so and doing Maths past papers...em, 3/4 hours a day? +2 hours on the bus...sleeping and reading :P
Reply 125
2-3 hours but currently trying to finish my history Cw which is 40% of my A2 grade :/ so hard to get the balance (I have 4 exams).
Reply 126
Well, I'm pretty much done for this week, having the weekend off. Revision will continue on Monday. :smile:

What about everyone else?
3-6 hours a day, scheduled to finish chemistry f215 by sunday, biology by thursday, done nothing for resitd or psychology yet ( ̄^ ̄)ゞ

Posted from TSR Mobile
Now feel bad for not doing any revision after reading how much everyone else is doing...oops.

Will Start next week though, exam aren't for 2months yet and i only have 3.
Reply 129
Original post by Jatz07
How's your revision going? How much content have you got left to cover? :smile: Good Luck! :goodluck:

Covered all content once this week by reading all my books, managed to get started on notes (earlier than I planned!), notes should take me up until either the end of next week, or the week after. If that's the case it gives me exactly a month and a bit to keep doing past papers! :biggrin:

How about you?

Thanks, good luck to you!!:tongue:
Reply 130
Original post by Jatz07
Mine are going great! :cool: although I'm doing GCSE's at the moment... lol. I have 13 exams in June. I know how challenging A Levels can be in comparison to GCSE's. Good Luck for them! Which A Levels are you doing? Jatz

Haha, GCSE's were the days, seems like yesterday I finished my last GCSE.
Subjects I have taken are, Biology, Business Studies, History and IT.

Good luck with your GCSE's, I'm sure you will do great, just remember to take a few breaks here and there, I burnt out with revision a week before they all started! Luckily I still did well :biggrin:
Reply 131
4 Exams, starting mid-may

Is it wrong that I am yet to even consider revision?
Reply 132
Original post by Jatz07
Thanks you too! May I ask what your GCSE Results were? Any tips? Jatz

GCSE Results:

1A* (Full UMS)
3A's
2B's (1 off an A for one of the B's)
5C's (all of these were 1 off a B! I didn't bother getting them remarked as A-levels are more important)

A-level results from Jan - AABB

My C grades were subjects I didn't revise for, was on an A/B overall for them, but things such as the English reforms in the summer brought my grades down dramatically (hopefully this won't happen to you this year). Was a shocker, but I focused on A-levels and got the result. :smile:

Tips, I would say stay focused in class, complete your coursework to the best of your ability. I managed to get 81/90 for my DT coursework, meaning if I got a C in the exam I would still have gotten an A overall (I got an A in that exam anyways). Don't stress out, stay relaxed about these exams, stressing will just cause you to forget things. The hard work really does pay off, but make sure you get the exam technique right as well.

Again, Good Luck!!:biggrin:
Anyone doing AQA law unit 1 & 2 ?
if so what are your revision techniques?
and I'm also struggling with AQA chem 2..Help! :/
Original post by MattDowse
4 Exams, starting mid-may

Is it wrong that I am yet to even consider revision?

Lol nope I did that myself and got C's
Reply 135
How many hours did everyone manage today?
Doing 9 hours a day, everyday, got 2 exams. It's what you do to get A*s
4 solid hours and I have 8 exams

seems to be working okay
Reply 138
Original post by upthegunners
4 solid hours and I have 8 exams

seems to be working okay

per subject or altogether?
Reply 139
As long as it takes for the information to in

Quick Reply

Latest