Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

ReputationRep:
    Seen an item I want to buy (new without tags).
    The seller has 100% positive feedback but they have only sold 3 items - are they trustworthy? The item is a pair of jeans for £27.00

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHABANA)
    Seen an item I want to buy (new without tags).
    The seller has 100% positive feedback but they have only sold 3 items - are they trustworthy? The item is a pair of jeans for £27.00
    I would say that there is no need to worry. £27 is not something someone would set out to scam you over. Even if they did, you would be able to get your money back quite easily, so long as you pay via PayPal. Edit: If it's new without tags then I would imagine that it's probably been worn once or twice or tried on before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RealRecReal)
    I would say that there is no need to worry. £27 is not something someone would set out to scam you over. Even if they did, you would be able to get your money back quite easily, so long as you pay via PayPal. Edit: If it's new without tags then I would imagine that it's probably been worn once or twice or tried on before.
    Yeah I would definitely say it has been tried on as I sometimes buy clothes, take the tags off after trying them on and then never wear them and wonder why I even bought them. What if you do not pay through paypal and just with a normal debit? As I do not like that paypal stores card details.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I would definitely say it has been tried on as I sometimes buy clothes, take the tags off after trying them on and then never wear them and wonder why I even bought them. What if you do not pay through paypal and just with a normal debit? As I do not like that paypal stores card details.
    PayPal is very safe in fact PayPal and eBay are owned by the same people. I prefer paying via PayPal because it means I don't have to type my card details into dodgy looking sites. However, I'm pretty sure that you can still get your money back if you decide to pay normally with your debit card but I would call eBay customer support and ask them yourself just to be sure.

Even if you pay with a normal debit card it goes through the Paypal website so you should be covered.
    Personally I'd rather store my card details with Paypal, that way I know that when I'm following links to their website to pay for stuff it is actually their website I've been directed to (since fakes obviously wouldn't be able to show you your card details and address).
    The only time I've had security issues with Paypal was when someone decided to spend a few pence on Facebook credits, the transaction was reversed within minutes by Paypal and extra security put on my account requiring me to enter a code that they sent through the post before my account could be used again.
    I'd much rather give Paypal my details than trust other websites when I buy things online, I've known big companies who don't store card details to have their customers card payments intercepted and their cards charged for huge phone top-ups.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.