Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm sam and I am in a bit of a situation. I have about 4/5 weeks till my As level exams and I don't know much. I do Maths, Chemistry,Biology and Economics. I haven't done much work or revision. I barely listen in class and I say I'll teach myself later when I get home but I never do. I have 8 As exams throughout late May/early June. We do Unit 1 and 2 of all the subjects in summer because we didn't do January exams.
    Is there any hope of me getting A's still? I'm good at independent learning and teaching my self but there is an overwhelming work load and I'm terrified and scared. Please give me some helpful advice. I know I was utterly wrong to leave it soo late but Please help me I don't know what I'm going to do.......... Thanks In Advance

ReputationRep:
    Get off TSR and start working. Start paying attention in lessons. Use Youtube (brightstorm are excellent for Science) to get short ideas of the theory in each subject from an expert without all of the "filler" that normal teachers put in, then smash some past papers. It's probably best to see how much you've actually taken in then go over the stuff you clearly weren't listening to/didn't fully grasp. Don't despair though, it isn't too late. You just have to start putting the effort in now! Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StephenNaulls)
    Get off TSR and start working. Start paying attention in lessons. Use Youtube (brightstorm are excellent for Science) to get short ideas of the theory in each subject from an expert without all of the "filler" that normal teachers put in, then smash some past papers. It's probably best to see how much you've actually taken in then go over the stuff you clearly weren't listening to/didn't fully grasp. Don't despair though, it isn't too late. You just have to start putting the effort in now! Good luck
    Do you think youtube will be quicker and do you think I'll learn better using youtube rather than reading through all the text books?? Thanks alot for the advice btw. I'm watching the Brightstorm Biology videos now. Really good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samuelum1)
    Do you think youtube will be quicker and do you think I'll learn better using youtube rather than reading through all the text books?? Thanks alot for the advice btw. I'm watching the Brightstorm Biology videos now. Really good.
    Well obviously the textbooks are good. But they also have a lot of information in them that is irrelevant, whilst the youtube videos are straight to the point. I'd also recommend the CGP revision guides; they go into a little more detail than the videos but it's still understandable

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.