Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you ever wonder if by staying in the UK you are missing out on a happier life? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I think this every single day, it's constantly cold, snowing or raining or icey, there's not much to do etc. I often imagine myself living in Australia with a family, being able to go pick my children up from school in a dress or even jeans and a t-shirt without being cold, then going to the beach and having fun and having a picnic for tea, or going to a cafe somewhere or having a BBQ in our garden or just even just sat outside , and being able to go do fun activities at the weekend, surfing, rock climbing, hiking, outdoor cinemas etc..

The only thing that's holding me back is that the NHS is amazing here and I utilise it a lot and my parents are both ill...

Does anyone else feel this way?

ReputationRep:
    Yes I also feel this way. I'm fairly happy with the UK I just wish we had better weather over here. The weather is too erratic.

Austrailia is also something I think about often but cost of living is aparently higher and I'm not sure about the jobs market there either.

ReputationRep:
    Nah. I am satisfied here. We can play the what if game all we want, but who knows what may have happened. You could've ended up bitten by some spider while rockclimbing or less happy than you are here.

ReputationRep:
    I used to live in Spain and the attitude over there is completely different, lazy almost!
    It depends what you're looking for in life.

Weather really isn't everything and with the climate we live in today can change at the drop of a hat so I'd avoid putting it all down to that.

Life is what you make of it but don't think going somewhere else is going to solve your problems cause that really isn't the case

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by insignificant)
    I think this every single day, it's constantly cold, snowing or raining or icey, there's not much to do etc. I often imagine myself living in Australia with a family, being able to go pick my children up from school in a dress or even jeans and a t-shirt without being cold, then going to the beach and having fun and having a picnic for tea, or going to a cafe somewhere or having a BBQ in our garden or just even just sat outside , and being able to go do fun activities at the weekend, surfing, rock climbing, hiking, outdoor cinemas etc..

The only thing that's holding me back is that the NHS is amazing here and I utilise it a lot and my parents are both ill...

Does anyone else feel this way?
    That made me lol. But I think you've highlighted that the NHS is one of the reasons why many foreigners come over to England to take advantage of the free healthcare on offer.

I do agree with you somewhat. The weather is just bad, everyone seems miserable, the houses and roads here are small and congested, most just keep themselves to themselves, we're all just zombies working the typical 9-5 and don't seem to have a good work/social life balance. Is this life? That said, I do think England is a great place to live and work compared to many countries despite it sometimes feeling like a depressing lifestyle over here. I'll probably continue to live in the UK all my life.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.