Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!

Basically, one of my industries for the MS4 paper in June is Advertising, which we have yet to start at my college.

We very, very briefly covered Advertising theory in AS, and I can remember the bare basics, but we have been expected to revise theories and techniques over Easter so that we can go straight into our campaigns, and I am having a million problems trying to fill gaps for things I have forgotten since last year!

I remember the consumer groups: Aspirers, Mainstreamers, Succeeders and Reformers, and I can remember about the social scales, but that's about it as far as completely remembering something goes!

I can remember something about techniques and strategies for advertising that was about the "7 S's of Advertising," but all I can remember is:

-Star power
    -Sex
    -Show a baby, sell a product
    -Statistics
    -Senses (I think?)
    -Shock (I think?)

Can anyone else help me out? Does anyone know the other S's? I've been trawling the internet, and I can't find anything!

Thanks in advance!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.