Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

[New] Post a picture of yourself, unedited and the first picture you take Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holby_fanatic)
    That is disgusting! I hope he at least bought you a drink.

James? JAMES? Sorry, but you're not going to have as much fun there. STYCs are college specific yes. I believe, in James, 2nd years are called Mums and Dads and 3rd years are called Grandmas and Grandpas.

The worst thing I've ever done is send a highly inappropriate picture to a guy. Didn't remember doing it until he asked if I'd meant to send it to him. I will never live that down.
    Is it too late to change my offer to York somehow? I suddenly have all the reasons I need to go. :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JollyGreenAtheist)
    Nope, no drink. Not even a "How'd you do?". I felt extremely violated.

Maybe not, but I'm a stickler for the flashy rooms they have! Truth be told, it'll probably go down to what's available when I get the email. Derwent's a comfortable second place :P.

Oh, there's a long, long, long list of my drunken misadventures. Just from Friday night, I got off with a girl from the Far East - she kissed me quite romantically and asked how I liked it - I replied that it was "sweet, but sour" and she slapped me quite hard across the cheek. It sounded funnier in my head, and as I was in a club, I had to shout it quite loudly 3 times for her to hear it.
    I'd complain if I were you.

It really should be first. James is a nice place though. The rooms are actually really nice too (I'm ashamed to say they're much nicer than some Derwent ones).

If someone had said that to me I would have laughed! Girls take everything so seriously, especially when drunk.
    (Original post by danielnkwocha)
    Is it too late to change my offer to York somehow? I suddenly have all the reasons I need to go. :mmm:
    Who said the guy even studies at York?

ReputationRep:

It really should be first. James is a nice place though. The rooms are actually really nice too (I'm ashamed to say they're much nicer than some Derwent ones).

If someone had said that to me I would have laughed! Girls take everything so seriously, especially when drunk.

Who said the guy even studies at York?
    You do, and that's enough for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danielnkwocha)
    You do, and that's enough for me
    Well, he doesn't study at York. :mmm:

ReputationRep:

I think complaints were right down his sick, twisted ally.

Yeah, I mean, I remain open minded re: college, but James is winning the race. Of course, it's all dependent on me getting AAA, and I'm sat here chatting on TSR rather than revising, so that hangs very much in the balance

Exactly! It wasn't that bad! Although, from her perspective, it was just a random bloke shouting "SWEET AND SOUR, SWEET AND SOUR, SWEET AND SOUR" at her - I can appreciate how that can be a bit daunting, but violence is never the answer. Gandhi would be turning in his grave.

ReputationRep:
    I think complaints were right down his sick, twisted ally.

Yeah, I mean, I remain open minded re: college, but James is winning the race. Of course, it's all dependent on me getting AAA, and I'm sat here chatting on TSR rather than revising, so that hangs very much in the balance

Exactly! It wasn't that bad! Although, from her perspective, it was just a random bloke shouting "SWEET AND SOUR, SWEET AND SOUR, SWEET AND SOUR" at her - I can appreciate how that can be a bit daunting, but violence is never the answer. Gandhi would be turning in his grave.
    Get the police involved while you're at it.

I live with a girl who got BBB and was still allowed onto the History course, so don't think it's over if you don't get those 3A grades. I did stalk your profile though and I don't think you have anything to worry about given your previous grades.

You could have said something so much worse! This one guy once said my friend was rather 'teethy' while kissing. I would have been mortified if that happened to me but I still wouldn't hit someone.

ReputationRep:
    Get the police involved while you're at it.

I live with a girl who got BBB and was still allowed onto the History course, so don't think it's over if you don't get those 3A grades. I did stalk your profile though and I don't think you have anything to worry about given your previous grades.

You could have said something so much worse! This one guy once said my friend was rather 'teethy' while kissing. I would have been mortified if that happened to me but I still wouldn't hit someone.
    Nah, the joke's on him. In his passions, he pushed me through the entrance for the people on the guest list. Guess who saved £2 on entry?!

That's reassuring, thank you . Mind you, at the history open day, the issue of high proportions of history students getting in last year without reaching their offer was made. They explained that it was a bit of a 'one-off' for whatever reason, and suggested that they wouldn't be as lenient for 2013 applicants. Saying that, my situation at the moment is such that I might end up with A*A*B, which is technically failure to meet the requirement, but ought to be enough to twist their arm.

I don't think I've ever insulted anybody else that I had been kissing before, but at least I have something to aspire to at York!

ReputationRep:
    Was going to post this morning but didn't so might as well now?! :dontknow:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Nah, the joke's on him. In his passions, he pushed me through the entrance for the people on the guest list. Guess who saved £2 on entry?!

That's reassuring, thank you . Mind you, at the history open day, the issue of high proportions of history students getting in last year without reaching their offer was made. They explained that it was a bit of a 'one-off' for whatever reason, and suggested that they wouldn't be as lenient for 2013 applicants. Saying that, my situation at the moment is such that I might end up with A*A*B, which is technically failure to meet the requirement, but ought to be enough to twist their arm.

I don't think I've ever insulted anybody else that I had been kissing before, but at least I have something to aspire to at York!
    A whole £2, you are a lucky guy.

You're welcome. I know what it feels like to be in the position you are all in now so any way that I can help is good. I think they'd let you in with A*A*B. :yep: I had heard of a few Historians not actually meeting the required grades actually.

It's always nice to challenge yourself! The worst way I've insulted someone was when I didn't actually remember ever kissing them until they told me the next day in a lecture. That was awkward...

ReputationRep:
    A whole £2, you are a lucky guy.

You're welcome. I know what it feels like to be in the position you are all in now so any way that I can help is good. I think they'd let you in with A*A*B. :yep: I had heard of a few Historians not actually meeting the required grades actually.

It's always nice to challenge yourself! The worst way I've insulted someone was when I didn't actually remember ever kissing them until they told me the next day in a lecture. That was awkward...
    £2 towards being a millionaire.

Fingers crossed they let me in. If they don't, I'll ring them up and cry loudly and obnoxiously until they relent. Failing that, I'll just arrive in York regardless of a place, befriend the ducks and use them as my personal minions as I set up a tent on campus.

What can I say? I'm an ambitious guy! I'd disclose some of the worse things I've done drunk, but I would probably get banned from TSR pretty quickly, and your opinion of me would plummet totally.

ReputationRep:
    £2 towards being a millionaire.

Fingers crossed they let me in. If they don't, I'll ring them up and cry loudly and obnoxiously until they relent. Failing that, I'll just arrive in York regardless of a place, befriend the ducks and use them as my personal minions as I set up a tent on campus.

What can I say? I'm an ambitious guy! I'd disclose some of the worse things I've done drunk, but I would probably get banned from TSR pretty quickly, and your opinion of me would plummet totally.
    Share your millions with me, please?

That was my back-up plan too. My other one was to take a cardboard box and live under the library bridge and befriend the black geese.

We've all done stupid stuff. And I think it would be pretty hard for my opinion of you to go down. After all, I don't even know you so I can't judge.

ReputationRep:
    Share your millions with me, please?

That was my back-up plan too. My other one was to take a cardboard box and live under the library bridge and befriend the black geese.

We've all done stupid stuff. And I think it would be pretty hard for my opinion of you to go down. After all, I don't even know you so I can't judge.
    My millions are your millions if I win the euromillions - incidentally, I've never bought a lottery ticket.

Maybe if I ever get to York, I'll tell you some of the horror stories in person :P.

ReputationRep:
    So hey there guys.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emre944)
    You should definitely.
    I will as soon as possible

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My millions are your millions if I win the euromillions - incidentally, I've never bought a lottery ticket.

Maybe if I ever get to York, I'll tell you some of the horror stories in person :P.
    I knew you'd share with me. You need to start buying them then! But don't pick my numbers because then we'd have less of a chance of winning.

YES! I feel like I need to meet some of you from the thread when you all arrive because 1) Some of you seem so amazing, 2) I'm nosy and like to know everyone that my brother could potentially meet, and 3) I feel like I've nurtured you over the past few months, much like a mother would. :lol:

ReputationRep:

something something government radiation conspiracy something something protective tinfoil hat something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beckyyx)
    Was going to post this morning but didn't so might as well now?! :dontknow:
    I'd love to have your lipstick stain #WhatThatMouthDoTho
    (Original post by JordanR)

something something government radiation conspiracy something something protective tinfoil hat something.
    You're an interesting lad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    I'd love to have your lipstick stain #WhatThatMouthDoTho

You're an interesting lad
    I hope your not saying what I think your saying?

Unless you just want a :kiss:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beckyyx)
    I hope your not saying what I think your saying?

Unless you just want a :kiss:
    He's saying what you think he's saying.

ReputationRep:
    He's saying what you think he's saying.
    :nooo:

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.