The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lilmissshady
That wasn't directed at you at all..
I know it's not the only reason, tbh you don't really need a reason to wear/not wear makeup...this geo persons most probably trolling :rolleyes:

That's routine for me LOL jk

tbh, it#s been a lazy day completely

This is how I feel:

[video="youtube;idW-pyk8lMg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idW-pyk8lMg[/video]

Ive done NOTHING all day :biggrin:
Original post by DirtyHarry01
:facepalm: Dear god, just shut the **** up!

Stop accusing people of being lazy for not putting make-up on, they can do with whether they want to or don't. If they are going somewhere and want to look better, either for themselves or because they want to make a good impression or both, then its their choice. It doesn't have to have anything to do with laziness, which implies they are unwilling to do it because they don't want to use energy, what if its simply not necessary?

External appearance isnt the only indication on how good you feel or how high your self esteem is.

Your armour is gleaming good sir, on a stallion as white as the driven snow.

They can do whatever they want, but I'll call them out on it. Denying rather than explaining why it doesn't have anything to do with laziness isn't a come back, it's you avoiding what I've said.

And I didn't say external appearance isn't the only indication of your self-esteem.

Careful bro, your armour just got scuffed :wink:
:facepalm: Dear god, just shut the **** up!

Stop accusing people of being lazy for not putting make-up on, they can do with whether they want to or don't. If they are going somewhere and want to look better, either for themselves or because they want to make a good impression or both, then its their choice. It doesn't have to have anything to do with laziness, which implies they are unwilling to do it because they don't want to use energy, what if its simply not necessary?

External appearance isnt the only indication on how good you feel or how high your self esteem is.

Whiteknight checking in?
Original post by uktotalgamer
Whiteknight checking in?

Nah, dude is a playa for life.

*shrugs* I said what I thought.
Whiteknight checking in?

Internet hardman checking in?

Go masturbate loser.
lolz, as if wearing make-up makes you a better person of some sort. Make-up and the fashion industry is the #1 reason why girls have disgustingly low levels of self-esteem.

It isn't necessary to live a happy, fulfilled life. In some instances it can actually become a hindrance - making women believe that they aren't attractive enough, physically or otherwise to leave the house without make-up. Even if its for taking out the bins and going to buy milk for 2 minutes.

I don't have anything against make-up, and to be perfectly honest I agree that it does make most people look better - but so what? Stop trying to tell people what they should or shouldn't be doing with their lives. :erm: It's not the best approach to get your point across.
(edited 10 years ago)
Internet hardman checking in?

Go masturbate loser.

Strong hypocrisy in post.
Strong hypocrisy in post.

Do you even lift?
Do you even lift?

I do, but coming from someone who's admitted they don't. It's a bit of a mute point...
I do, but coming from someone who's admitted they don't. It's a bit of a mute point...

Who's admitted they dont?
Who's admitted they dont?

Sorry, wrong argument...
*shrugs* I said what I thought.

You argued against something that was never said while avoiding what was actually said.

Why?
Original post by Advanced Subsidiary
lolz, as if wearing make-up makes you a better person of some sort. Make-up and the fashion industry is the #1 reason why girls have disgustingly low levels of self-esteem.

It isn't necessary to live a happy, fulfilled life. In some instances it can actually become a hindrance - making women believe that they aren't attractive enough, physically or otherwise to leave the house without make-up. Even if its for taking out the bins and going to buy milk for 2 minutes.

I don't have anything against make-up, and to be perfectly honest I agree that it does make most people look better - but so what? Stop trying to tell people what they should or shouldn't be doing with their lives. :erm: It's not the best approach to get your point across.

Do you have any evidence for that? I'd say the #1 reason for low self-esteem in girls is a lack of role models and has nothing to do with fashion. Make-up and the fashion industry have been around for hundreds of years, so why would something so bad be so engrained into every culture?

You only believe you aren't attractive if you have low confidence to begin with, which isn't something the media will tell but something a girl will believe, most likely due to femininity not being adequately described in the west.

People never change for other people, so being direct about a point is as effective as beating around the bush :tongue:
Original post by geoking
Do you have any evidence for that? I'd say the #1 reason for low self-esteem in girls is a lack of role models and has nothing to do with fashion. Make-up and the fashion industry have been around for hundreds of years, so why would something so bad be so engrained into every culture?

You only believe you aren't attractive if you have low confidence to begin with, which isn't something the media will tell but something a girl will believe, most likely due to femininity not being adequately described in the west.

People never change for other people, so being direct about a point is as effective as beating around the bush :tongue:

Who are you? You seem to think you know more about a girl's approach to make-up and the fashion industry than us girls. I completely disagree with everything you're saying and I'm positive there are many other girls who do too. It has nothing to do with the lack of role models. Advanced Subsidiary has hit the nail on the head. The reason why some of us have such low confidence is because there are jerks like you and people in the fashion industry who keep promoting that 'make-up' and all this artificial crap is the only way for us to look good. No **** there are some girls who are going to fall into this trap and feel the need cake themselves to please all the jackasses that believe artificial beauty is real beauty. Because of people like you, some girls feel vulnerable and worthless when they don't wear make-up, which forces them to wear it everywhere they go, and that is what damages their self-esteem. They may feel like they're beautiful without it, but with all yours and society's bloody expectations, they feel like they MUST wear it to be considered attractive and thus, their confidence in themselves (without all the falseness) is eradicated.

Please, I'm begging, just stop acting like you know it all. You really don't.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by euphrosyne
Who are you? You seem to think you know more about a girl's approach to make-up and the fashion industry than us girls. I completely disagree with everything you're saying and I'm positive there are many other girls who do too. It has nothing to do with the lack of role models. Advanced Subsidiary has hit the nail on the head. The reason why some of us have such low confidence is because there are jerks like you and people in the fashion industry who keep promoting that 'make-up' and all this artificial crap is the only way for us to look good. No **** there are some girls who are going to fall into this trap and feel the need cake themselves to please all the jackasses that believe artificial beauty is real beauty. Because of people like you, some girls feel vulnerable and worthless when they don't wear make-up, which forces them to wear it everywhere they go, and that is what damages their self-esteem. They may feel like they're beautiful without it, but with all yours and society's bloody expectations, they feel like they MUST wear it to be considered attractive and thus, their confidence in themselves (without all the falseness) is eradicated.

Please, I'm begging, just stop acting like you know it all. You really don't.

Read your opening two sentences. How is that not outrageously sexist?

Makeup has been around for hundreds of years so why has it now become a hinderance? Can you please address that instead of being ****ing rude and just asserting your idea over mine?
Actually its because of girls like you who are insecure and aggressive that girls are confused because make up DOES unquestionably make them look better but you're saying they shouldn't wear it. THAT MAKES NO SENSE. So go you and your message of confusion. Doing a grand job for society deflecting your image issues onto others and not just being truthful.

How about you stop and have an honest conversation with yourself? But lets be realistic, that won't happen for at least a decade.
Reply 7916
Original post by geoking

I see that you are a guy. Do you wear makeup? All male models do.
Original post by Sashari
I see that you are a guy. Do you wear makeup? All male models do.

And I'm not a male model so what is your point? Outside of the French aristocracy it has rarely been socially acceptable for men to wear makeup. Stop trying to bend this argument.
Reply 7918
Original post by geoking

Actually its because of girls like you who are insecure and aggressive that girls are confused because make up DOES unquestionably make them look better but you're saying they shouldn't wear it.

You are totally wrong.
Original post by sbj
You are totally wrong.

Because? I gave an argument, youve just made a statement...

Latest