Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm rubbish with maths - and i'm half way through the second year of my Psychology degree. So far for semester 1 I've got around 55% average - a 2:2. If I got a 2:2 with 55% average for my entire second year, what would I need to get overall in 3rd year to get a first? My degree weightings are 25% for second year and 75% for third. I can't work it out!

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure you'd need 75% to get a 1st if you get 55 this year

70 = (0.25x55) + (0.75x A)
    A x 0.75 = 70 - 13.75
    A = 75

I'm tired so I'm ready to be corrected :P

ReputationRep:
    I agree with JumpingJonny, if you average 75% in year 3 you should get a 1st overall.

ReputationRep:
    Take how far you are from 70% this year, divide it by three, and that's how much more than 70% you need in year three.

(Which gives 75% as above).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.