Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Like the title says, i will be completing a Chemical Engineering MEng in the next four years, and am very interested in becoming an Aerosystems engineer Officer in the RAF.

    Before everyone has a go, i have been researching for a while, and even tried to call 3 times (can't ever get through?) and have emailed, so yes, i have done a little bit of research! All it says is that you need an Aerospace, Mechanical, electrical, or equivalent degree.

    If not, would i be able to do an Aerospace masters course after, and then be considered?!


    As the RAF have already stated, you will not be eligible for the role of Engineer Officer unless you hold a degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Aeronautical Engineering. I've spoken to an RAF careers advisor twice about this already. I'm pretty sure you won't be considered if you have a Chemical Engineering degree.

    But don't just take my word for it, the best thing you can do is go down to your local AFCO and ask.
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

ICAEW logo


"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.