Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, if you accept a conditional as a first choice and unconditional as an insurance can you then later change your decision and just go with your insurance choice or are you stuck with that definite decision????

ALSO! if you do that can you apply for halls for your insurance choice or only your first choice??
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    If you change your mind before results day, you can swap between them. But you need to decide about a week before.

After then, you can't change to your insurance - you'd have to persuade your firm to release you into Clearing.

And it depends on the uni whether you apply for accommodation or not.

Sent from my GT-S5363
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Juno)
    If you change your mind before results day, you can swap between them. But you need to decide about a week before.

After then, you can't change to your insurance - you'd have to persuade your firm to release you into Clearing.

And it depends on the uni whether you apply for accommodation or not.

Sent from my GT-S5363
    Wait, you can swap your choices anytime up till the week before results day or do you mean you're only allowed to swap a week after you made your firm and insurance choices?
    I always thought it was the latter
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by the.cookie.monster)
    Wait, you can swap your choices anytime up till the week before results day or do you mean you're only allowed to swap a week after you made your firm and insurance choices?
    I always thought it was the latter
    You have 7 days to change completely.

After that, you can ask the unis to swap - so your firm and insurance switch places - or for your firm to go away so your insurance is your firm and you have no new insurance. They don't have to agree, but at the same time they don't want people who don't want to go there.

ReputationRep:
    oh okay thankyou so much!! so I can accept a firm and assurance and can change up to a week after results day? And yeah you have to have accepted an offer to apply for accomodation but we dont know if you can apply for it for your insurance choice?

thanks
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    It's not guaranteed you'll be able to swap, and you can only swap between the two you picked.

And it depends on the unis whether you apply for accommodation for your insurance. Ask them

Sent from my GT-S5363

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.