The Student Room Group

Work Experience Help

Basically, I'm a sixform student and I need a work experience placement asap. I'm struggling to find a placement so I'd like to ask, can someone please help me out and give me suggestions because I want to do my work experience somewhere I can benefit from in the future. I study Maths, Computing, Physics and Psychology at AS level, so something related to maybe programming or engineering would be helpful. Thanks:biggrin:
Reply 1
Some universities offer work experience placements.
Reply 2
Original post by The-I
Basically, I'm a sixform student and I need a work experience placement asap. I'm struggling to find a placement so I'd like to ask, can someone please help me out and give me suggestions because I want to do my work experience somewhere I can benefit from in the future. I study Maths, Computing, Physics and Psychology at AS level, so something related to maybe programming or engineering would be helpful. Thanks:biggrin:

I did my work experience at Perkins/Caterpillar. You basically shadow an engineer around for a week :smile:. I went on there website and filled out a form.
This was around 2 years ago so don't know now
Reply 3
I've had friends in unrelated fields simply send out dozens of speculative cover letters and CV's to firms to try and secure some work experience.
How would you begin a really catchy work experience application? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending