Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Virgin - should I settle and go for a slut? (former Christian, 19) watch

Announcements

No joke. I have always been one of those guys who wants to fall in love and be romantic, but I can't take this anymore.

I am reaching an age where everyone is saying how much sex they have, and I feel like I have to.

Should I settle and get it over and done with? I've had opportunities but I don't know why I just don't feel right about it

Not sure if my religious background has anything to do with it - Strong Christian family

Being a virgin is nothing to be embarrassed about don't worry you will eventually find love somewhere whether you are christian or not. Just wait for the right person and lose your virginity proudly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    No joke. I have always been one of those guys who wants to fall in love and be romantic, but I can't take this anymore.

I am reaching an age where everyone is saying how much sex they have, and I feel like I have to.

Should I settle and get it over and done with? I've had opportunities but I don't know why I just don't feel right about it

Not sure if my religious background has anything to do with it - Strong Christian family
    Don't do it unless you feel ready. I lost my virginity on a one night stand and although I don't regret it I would have liked to have done it with someone I actually cared about.

Regarding other people: does it really matter to you how much sex other people are having?

ReputationRep:
    Is there a need to refer to women as sluts here?

Wait until you're ready - there's no point rushing something because everybody else is doing it. Many will also be exaggerating unless things have changed drastically in the past couple of years

ReputationRep:
    You clearly still like the old kind of be a romantic guy and wait for the right person. I'm exactly the same and feel exactly the same as you and have had opportunities. I didn't go with it because it didn't feel right. What's the point if you won't enjoy it? Don't feel pressured into it. Just do it because it feels right and you love the person. It's about the quality and value of sex, not how much and when you have it. Wait for what you want and it'll feel all the better. Don't devalue yourself like that and like everyone else (unless you want to of course). There is nothing wrong with being a virgin, I'm pretty sure some girls would see it as a plus or ones that are right for you. Who wants to be with someone whose **** has been up everyone else? You'll look back and regret it if you lose it in a way that didn't mean a lot to you and it'll seem so much more special with the right person if you wait. I hear people time and time again say how sex has lost meaning for them because they just do it all the time and pretty much with anyone. That's not what it's designed for and that's not even enjoyable when it loses meaning like that. Introspect and decide but I'd continue waiting for the right person, there is no rush with these things especially at 19 dude!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkWhite)
    Is there a need to refer to women as sluts here?

Wait until you're ready - there's no point rushing something because everybody else is doing it. Many will also be exaggerating unless things have changed drastically in the past couple of years
    He didn't refer to women as sluts. He referred to sluts as sluts.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 1, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.