The Student Room Group

I don't get on with State School kids - Why is this so bad?

Don't get me wrong, family friends at Oxbridge. Parents went to Oxford. Boarding School educated. I hate grammar school kids they act more posh and stuck up than anyone. Hate that god damn Made In Chelsea show and anyone who tries to act stuck up.

But I just don't get on with State School kids, not a day goes by without them mentioning it, or mentioning I am a Rah because of the school I went too.

Alot of them don't actually mind me but the Banter is so different.

I can't stand these class divisions anymore. I feel like they are completely different.

I just wish people would make it less of an issue, an end to this Class Warfare Please.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I hate grammar school kids they act more posh and stuck up than anyone. Hate that god damn Made In Chelsea show and anyone who tries to act stuck up.

Your attitude to those who went to a grammar school is similar to these state school educated attitudes directed towards you.

Saying that though, a lot of state school educated people feel it is ok to bash those who were privately educated, failing to realise that this attitude is just as bad as the 'snobby attitudes' they project onto and anticipate from privately educated people. As long as you are a friendly and accepting person then you do not deserve to be judged on your education.
The only way the division will stop is if people like your parents/guardians don't pay for their kids to go to different schools.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd bet you obviously overplay your status. I couldn't tell the difference between where someone was educated and wouldn't know unless they mentioned it.
Don't get me wrong, family friends at Oxbridge. Parents went to Oxford. Boarding School educated. I hate grammar school kids they act more posh and stuck up than anyone. Hate that god damn Made In Chelsea show and anyone who tries to act stuck up.

But I just don't get on with State School kids, not a day goes by without them mentioning it, or mentioning I am a Rah because of the school I went too.

I can't stand these class divisions anymore. I feel like they are completely different.

I just wish people would make it less of an issue, an end to this Class Warfare Please.

Lol.
Reply 5
Your inability to get along with people simply because of the school they went to shows that you have incredibly poor social skills, which is quite bad for you. You get further if you're able to get on with people even if they're different to you.
Posting anonymous....I think you have to much free time on your hands....
Reply 7
To be honest you should strive to get along with everyone regardless of backgrounds as you will learn alot more during life then closing yourself off.
Reply 8
Perhaps the first step would be trying to judge each person on an individual bases instead of basing your view of them solely based on the school they went to.
Reply 9
Original post by iheartdjokovic
Lol.

I'm so sorry, my clumsy finger pushed neg accidentally trying to plus you. Stupid ****e tablet!

What she said though!
Original post by Schichtoe
I'm so sorry, my clumsy finger pushed neg accidentally trying to plus you. Stupid ****e tablet!

What she said though!

Haha, it's ok!
Never have there been so many contradictions in so few lines.
Reply 12
Original post by whisper2012
The only way the division will stop is if people like your parents/guardians don't pay for their kids to go to different schools.

Nonsense. People will always find ways to differentiate between themselves and abuse/poke fun at the others because of it. We are a tribal species, we seek groups and try to beat other groups. That will never be beaten out of our DNA.
Reply 13

You say that you don't like state school kids who keep bringing up your education, fine. But then you don't like the state school kids who couldn't care less either...

What school do you go to?

Grow up.
Reply 15

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why? If their parents have the money to send their child there then why shouldn't they?

Posted from TSR Mobile

This tbh. I don't bash people in general but I don't respect someone as much knowing that their parents protect them from 'real life' with a financial safety net.

it's one thing to eat cheap noodles at uni 'for the experience', it's another to eat cheap noodles because you literally cannot budget for much better.
Reply 17
Original post by Studentus-anonymous
This tbh. I don't bash people in general but I don't respect someone as much knowing that their parents protect them from 'real life' with a financial safety net.

it's one thing to eat cheap noodles at uni 'for the experience', it's another to eat cheap noodles because you literally cannot budget for much better.

Just because it's not the same life someone else has does not mean it's not real.

Does the person who's parents are on benefits and who 'has' to go to state school get ridiculed by the children in asian slums for taking a soft route out while they dig through rubbish heaps for 10p a day?

Not respecting someone for the choices their parents made is moronic.
Reply 18
Original post by Studentus-anonymous

I've met very few people who haven't had a few knocks in life, money or no. While attending a private school probably gives you plenty of educational benefits over a state school, I don't think it shelters you from "real life". And I think it's a shame that you base your respect of someone on the circumstances of their upbringing rather than the person themselves.
Original post by Drewski
Just because it's not the same life someone else has does not mean it's not real.

Does the person who's parents are on benefits and who 'has' to go to state school get ridiculed by the children in asian slums for taking a soft route out while they dig through rubbish heaps for 10p a day?

Not respecting someone for the choices their parents made is moronic.

I never claimed it was 'fair', but my own feelings tell me someone who is likely not going to face genuine financial hardship in their life just can't appreciate 'real life' for lack of a better term than someone who pays their rent with their own income or they at best sleep on their parents sofa and worse end up on the streets.

Like I said, that's just my initial feeling.

Original post by riotgrrl
I've met very few people who haven't had a few knocks in life, money or no. While attending a private school probably gives you plenty of educational benefits over a state school, I don't think it shelters you from "real life". And I think it's a shame that you base your respect of someone on the circumstances of their upbringing rather than the person themselves.

I do base my opinions on people themselves, but until I get to know them, if the only thing I'm aware of is their privileged and warm financial/opportunity cocoon, I am just freely admitting I am somewhat dubious as to their ability to properly understand and relate to people who don't have safety nets.

Again never said it's fair, but everyone judges on first impressions to an extent, I don't let that judgement effect my behaviour, but I do ask myself that question until I they prove themselves. Just as people judge me one way until I prove otherwise.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending