Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    *Feel free to move this thread if it should be in a different place, I didn't know where to post*

I find sexuality labels irritating. A lot of people think you're either straight or you're gay, anything inbetween and you're greedy or confused.
    A few people go through life on one extreme side of this spectrum, so for instance someone could be 100% straight and never question it. Others go through life on the complete opposite side, they've always known that they're gay and that's that.
    But a lot of people are somewhere in the middle, or leaning towards there.
    A person might be attracted to men only, aside from one girl who they love, and vice versa.
    Then another person could be attracted to women and men equally, and vice versa.
    Then, to make it even more confusing, there is different types of attraction.
    You can be sexually attracted, romantically attracted or both.
    Sexual attraction- Wanting to have sex with them only.
    Romantic attraction- Cuddles/ Kissing/ Holding hands and spending time together.
    A person could be attracted to men all their live both romantically and sexually, but then find that they find women sexually attractive, or that they find women romantically attractive.

But then, some people in the world are attracted to anyone however they want to be.
    Some people aren't attracted to anyone, atleast not sexually.

I might be preaching to the choir but i dont know.

I think we should stop using labels to define people's sexuality and just go with it. Do you think this should happen? Or have you ever had that awkward conversation where you need to give yourself a label but you don't know what it is?

ReputationRep:
    I believe no one can be 100%, surely you are attracted to a person not a gender.
    I am attracted to the characteristics that males have but if there was a woman I liked then that wouldn't be a problem.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam96)
    I believe no one can be 100%, surely you are attracted to a person not a gender.
    I am attracted to the characteristics that males have but if there was a woman I liked then that wouldn't be a problem.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    I don't think that is true, I think some people can be raised to only recognise love from one gender (say for instance, Catholics) and any feelings for the same sex would be seen as friendship. I also believe some people can find only the opposite sex's body attractive and see romantic feelings for the same sex as friendship.
    But romantic attraction is similar to friendship in many ways (In my opinion).
    Anyway, i'm not starting a debate here, just stating my opinion

ReputationRep:
    I see where you're coming but I could never settle down with someone who wasn't the same sexuality as me. Bisexual girls to me are not relationship material let alone wifey material. They're good for casual no strings attached stuff but they're not keepers. And it's not because they're confused or greedy. It's because you can never "complete" them in a sense. In order to be monogamous to you, they're essentially foresaking 50% of their sexuality and I don't think many people can do that. Sooner or later they'd be tempted to dwell into the "forbidden forest". Competing with other guys is something I can easily handle but other girls?

I'd take me a straight girl any day please, girls bring enough drama as it is already.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.