Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

This government is ramming through cuts as it knows it wont win next election!!!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Who like me thinks that this David Cameron led government is ramming through these disgusting cuts, because it knows it has already lost the next general election and has no chance of winning a outright majority especially if they could not win 2010 when every single thing was in their favor to win for example they had a very unelected and unpopular Prime minster in the name of Gordon Brown, the economy was in the tank but still David Cameron failed to win a outright majority so what chance does he have in 2015?? when al these cuts are being rammed down peoples throats and people wont forget does mr Cameron and Iain Duncan Smith and Georgie boy honestly believe they will win the next election looool or people will forget all these cuts looooooool well they are in for a shock come 2015.

I would love to be a fly on the wall come 2015 in all of Cameron, Osborne's and Smith's rooms come 2015 when they realize that the conservative party is getting battered looool and he will never ever be in power ever, ever again. Also they definitely wont win the next election as the boundary changes where not changed oh not good news for Cameron looool his a one termed Prime Minister looooooooooooooooooool Good riddance

ReputationRep:
    What do you think is the alternative? Spend yet more money we don't have? Bury our heads in the sand and acquire unlimited amounts of debt which will take decades to repay?

ReputationRep:
    How can someone be "very unelected"? And these cuts are necessary, at some point. We can't continue to spend more than we get in taxes - or rather we can if economic growth is sufficiently high (which it isn't) or we are willing to end up like Greece (which hopefully we are not).

ReputationRep:
    Were in debt FFS, Labour left it and also the international climate. Labour should apologise and say what they would do instead of opposing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacketpotato)
    What do you think is the alternative? Spend yet more money we don't have? Bury our heads in the sand and acquire unlimited amounts of debt which will never be repaid?
    Look what this man is doing is typical Conservative ideology of cutting the public sector. I believe they would have cut the public sector even if the economy was in good shape before they came in its part of the make up of a conservative i.e small government and cut taxes for the wealthy the so called job creators. Have I defined a conservative wrongly??

It's what I call TRICKLED DOWN ECONOMICS apparently if you cut the taxes of the wealthy than somehow that money will trickle down to the poor masses looooooooooooooooool it's the ideology of these folks even in good times they believe in cutting as much in the public sector. Look the conservatives opposed every single government led scheme before it was introduced i.e THE NHS ETC same think in America the Republicans who are the conservatives of the USA opposed social security, medicare etc any government run scheme. See it's part of the ideology of being a CONSERVATIVE that's why they get the tag of being heartless and dis-compassionate labeled on them which they hate but their policies reflect that.

Look during a time of recession cutting deep has never worked look at the 1930's or 1980's etc anytime during a recession it does not work. That is why Keynesian economics is the key during times of recessions as you have to spend good money on infrastructure and get people back to work and try to expand the economy but I know conservatives always say with have no money loool has borrowing not gone up or I'm I wrong?? You cant keep cutting this deep and the economy is still not getting better than think your going to win so Mr Cameron must be trying to leave a legacy of some sought i.e a Thactherite legacy of deep cutting well his in for a shock well I think the writing is already on the wall that his toast yep his a ONE TERMER LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matt:))
    How can someone be "very unelected"? And these cuts are necessary, at some point. We can't continue to spend more than we get in taxes - or rather we can if economic growth is sufficiently high (which it isn't) or we are willing to end up like Greece (which hopefully we are not).
    Well thanks for the grammar correction sir loool. What I meant was that Gordon Brown was one of the most unpopular Prime Ministers in recent time, meaning that he could not win an election he was there for the taking and guess what Mr Cameron (flip flopper) could not win a OUTRIGHT MAJORITY!!!! so do you think he has any chance in 2015 when these cuts take affect in the next 2 years I say no looool. He better start packing looool.

Even Lord Ashcroft does not believe the conservatives will win the next election its over so they are ramming through these cuts smh its disgusting but he wants a legacy of misery and cuts.

ReputationRep:
    Vote labour for mass immigration and out of control public spending

Certain cuts may be necessary although I think they've managed to get the strategy completely wrong by scraping pennies away from every low to middle income family rather than concentrating on plugging the fairly obvious "anomalies" and excessive cases within the benefits system. An absolute "hard cap" of around £24k (including any income earned), possibly allowing slightly more in London for reasonable housing costs, would put a massive dent in it whilst not making life harder than it needs to be for normal low-income working families, the unemployed and the disabled.

The hard cap coming into effect (£26k, NOT including earned income) is unnecessarily high, in my opinion... and that's coming from someone who (in general) is against most of the governments current welfare changes.

No family should reasonably "need" an income higher than around £24k "to survive". It's sufficient to run and fuel a home and feed a large-ish family if you know what you're doing, and still have a reasonable standard of living. However - I personally don't believe ANY family can have a reasonable standard of living in this country on less than £20k... and certain recent cuts are pushing many families below that level.

They should have concentrated on reining in the "top end" of benefits and left the barebones levels alone, basically. They should also have done it apologetically and with some acknowledgement that people are going to genuinely suffer through this, through no fault of their own, but unavoidably... instead of choosing to demonize through media manipulation and deliberately stir up a culture of hatred.

That's my main problem with this government. It's not a case of;

"We have to do this, we know it might hurt or even kill some of you, we know it will rip families apart, but our country is struggling to make ends meet and there's simply no choice"

oh no, it's;

"You've been living it up on taxpayers' money for too long and you deserve everything you get because you are worthless scum, and we're going to make sure you know it."

It's a vile political rhetoric that plays on the anger of the general public. People en-masse are angry that the country (and the entire western world) was allowed to slip so dramatically into recession. The Tory government is using benefits claimants - some of the most vulnerable in society, those of us who have the least and are still losing it - as scapegoats for that anger. The nation's economic punching bag. It's foul, and historically it will be looked back upon with shame. But for now, people are lapping it up...

Oh and regarding the next election... a Labour majority is odds-on in my opinion, and the bookmakers' odds agree (roughly 10/11 labour majority, 6/4 no majority, 5/1 Tory majority... ouch).

I'd imagine those will slide even further over the next year, as the Universal Credit system proves to be an absolute nightmare.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dzeh)
    Vote labour for mass immigration and out of control public spending
    Why did Mr Cameron not get a majority in 2010??? simple question all the indicators where in his favor

ReputationRep:
    Your thread... Loooooooooool.

ReputationRep:
    It is sad that people these days vote for people based on how much benefits/tax cuts they will receive - things like that simply isn't sustainable. People have to look at the long term

ReputationRep:
    If I thought I was going to lose an election the last thing I'd do would be unpopular cuts.

ReputationRep:
    It's a gift for Labour. They ran public finances into the ground and left the mess for someone else to clean up. The Government policies will result in several years of collective pain, which will be laid squarely at the feet of the Tories, then when those policies start to come to fruition the Tories will have been voted out of power. Labour create the situation, sit out for a few years, baying on the side lines, then return to power and reap the rewards of the Tory policies.

It's not the first time it's happened, and it won't be the last.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norton1)
    If I thought I was going to lose an election the last thing I'd do would be unpopular cuts.
    Exactly its the delusional thinking of this man that is more scary he probably believes his going to win looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooool when he probably has internal polls telling him otherwise his toast trust me. PEOPLE DON'T FORGET and these cuts will be biting within the next two years

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M1011)
    Your thread... Loooooooooool.
    Thanks sir, do the facts hurt lol your beloved Conservative party is toast your pathetic party could not get a majority in 2010 when every single indicator was in their favor. Why is that?? well let me tell you why, alot of people voted tactically as they did not wont no conservative to have a outright majority as they remembered what happened in the 80's that's why oh yeah read this great article on why Mr Cameron is on the same path as Mitt Romeny and on why rich toffs will never win another election in the western world :http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...l-lose-1427861

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by THECHOOSENONE)
    Exactly its the delusional thinking of this man that is more scary he probably believes his going to win looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooool when he probably has internal polls telling him otherwise his toast trust me. PEOPLE DON'T FORGET and these cuts will be biting within the next two years
    This kind of conflicts with your thread title.

This government is ramming through cuts as it knows it wont win next election!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by THECHOOSENONE)
    Thanks sir, do the facts hurt lol your beloved Conservative party is toast your pathetic party could not get a majority in 2010 when every single indicator was in their favor. Why is that?? well let me tell you why, alot of people voted tactically as they did not wont no conservative to have a outright majority as they remembered what happened in the 80's that's why oh yeah read this great article on why Mr Cameron is on the same path as Mitt Romeny and on why rich toffs will never win another election in the western world :http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...l-lose-1427861
    You assume I'm a Conservative? I don't need to follow any particular party in order to laugh at this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norton1)
    This kind of conflicts with your thread title.
    Yes I know I said that but he probably has a liltle hope in him that he might win looooooooooooool which shows the arrogance and the contempt the man has for the British voting public. But there's also a thing in him that knows its probably all over especially after the failure to gerrymand the seats loooooooooooooooool this man lol that's all i can say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M1011)
    You assume I'm a Conservative? I don't need to follow any particular party in order to laugh at this thread.
    You clearly voted for Cameron at the last election I have no doubt about that. I cant prove it but its my gut and I go with my gut that's why you are upset lool

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.