Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone revise over the 6-week holidays?!
    If so what sort of revision? Writing up notes? Revision cards etc?
    If not, what did anyone do in September?
    When did you revise/write notes up?
    Tips/hints
    If i calculate it right - i will have a minimum of 18 exams next summer! With two per subject a minimum and more in Science and Maths!
    Share away guys

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about any 6 week holiday but if I had one I would surely revise thoroughly. The two years of GCE is crucial an difficult.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    The only six week holiday I can think of is the summer one, in which case, no, I just did the homework set/ started preparing my UCAS application (e.g. wider reading). I had planned to at least make revision notes for the A2 topic(s) already covered but this inevitably did not happen.

Normally, I try to make most of my revision materials before I have a mock, but most of my revision takes places in the holiday/ study leave period before the exam. I don't like having a rigid timetable (usually I've just write a list of topics and then aim to do maybe two a day) but I think you need some sort of organisation with that many exams. AT some point in your revision, you also need to be looking at some past papers.

I think what you first need to do though is work out how you learn best - are you a visual, auditory or kinaesthetic learner?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't revise during my 6 week holidays, after getting a load of A/A* at GCSE. First lesson back, we ended up having tests on GCSE Biology, chemistry etc and surprisingly, I remembered everything from 6 weeks ago. You won't forget the knowledge that fast I don't think. I was against revising AS before being taught as I thought it'd just confuse me, and it'd be weird if I started revising something like logarithms for maths when my class would end up covering it 3 months later, as then I would've forgotten it all anyway.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.