Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So I was just thinking- I've actually no idea where I'll be in a few weeks never mind in 5 years.. Do you guys have a long term plan?

ReputationRep:
    5 years is not a long term plan, not for me at my age anyway

ReputationRep:
    hopefully doing my masters degree. we'll see... can't think that far ahead haha

ReputationRep:
    My hope?

Qualified, settled, engaged and on the brink of buying a house for the first time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lukev)
    5 years is not a long term plan, not for me at my age anyway
    I'm 25, it shouldn't be long term for me either but in a few weeks I don't even know what country I'll be living in haha.

ReputationRep:
    In a mirror.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Alone, festering in my own filth. Probably.

ReputationRep:
    having graduated medicine, hopefully working a job i like, earning money, not living in abject poverty

ReputationRep:
    I'll be graduating in two years hopefully, so in 5 years (when I'm 26 almost 27) I would like to be settled into a nice job, hopefully with a public transport/railway company, and I would really like to be married and planning my first baby - but that's out of my control!

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully doing a masters degree or working full time with reasonable wages.

ReputationRep:
    As long as I get grades this summer, I'll be in my final/ second to last year at uni, whilst all my friends will have jobs and be earning money I'll be eating sainsburys 'noodle pot'

Looking forward to it though

ReputationRep:
    In my final year of med school, preparing for my first job!

Wow....

just a tad scary

ReputationRep:
    Having aborted an attempt to do a law degree, worked part-time in charity shop, and sporadically slept with unattractive women, I will be standing atop a tall building, and then at the flip of a mental coin, will be hurling myself off.

ReputationRep:
    Currently have no idea.

It's sad because I know I should feel excited and liberated now that I'm finishing education but for the first time in my life I have no idea what I want to do next. I know that I'm going to be left behind feeling very lonely and useless unless I make a decision soon. In an ideal world, I'll be living in a country I love, with people I love - hopefully on the way to speaking another language and doing a job that makes me feel worth something. By the end of this year, I'll settle for gaining my degree and being on the way to making the start of a life for myself.

I feel like this should be a warning message to those starting uni or thinking about it, I'm in my third year and find myself in the strange position of feeling like I'm right back at the start again. If you can, pick a degree you enjoy and work hard at it, do lots of work experience in things you might be interested in... that way hopefully you'll be a bit more clued up than I am.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bazlehman)
    Having aborted an attempt to do a law degree, worked part-time in charity shop, and sporadically slept with unattractive women, I will be standing atop a tall building, and then at the flip of a mental coin, will be hurling myself off.
    Jesus mate, don't do anything suicidal...like doing a law degree.

ReputationRep:
    A qualified teacher or an interpreter. Let's see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Runninghigh)
    In my final year of med school, preparing for my first job!

Wow....

just a tad scary
    Five years isn't that long. Be scared. Be very scared

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to become one of those really fat people you see on chat shows, with taglines like, 'I haven't left my house for three years', or 'Too fat to get out of my own bed'.

Ah, a man can dream...

ReputationRep:
    speaking korean :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geetar)
    I'd like to become one of those really fat people you see on chat shows, with taglines like, 'I haven't left my house for three years', or 'Too fat to get out of my own bed'.

Ah, a man can dream...
    Ohbby that's hot haha. More butter wrapped in bacon :P

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.