Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay I'll try and make this short haha

Last weekend I was out and met this guy, he was super lovely and unlike some guys I kiss on a night out he didnt ask me to come back to his that night. He took my number and I said jokingly, we should meet again and he was up for going for a meal the following thurs (thurs just gone).
    I didn't text him, thought id wait for him to make the first move as I never know whether I come across eager but the following night I get a text from him and an add on fb.
    Our texts last a few days in which he asks if im out bank holiday weekend. Which I said yes (no talk of this meal we said about- I dont mind as he's a really busy guy as he goes to uni an hour away from me but works full time (placement year) so this weekend he's only home for 4 days) we sort of say we'll see eachother in the club.
    Thursday night we see eachother in the club dance a little and kiss. His mates said to me 'your bloke this' and 'your bloke that' they said he liked me and he said it too. As he doesn't see his friends much he took me away where we could talk and apologised that we didn't get chance to really see eachother as he wanted to see his friends. But asked if I was out last night which I said yes. I said bye and that was that.
    Don't hear anything from him so I texted him last night asking if he had a good night thurs but no reply and in the end I didn't go out because my friends weren't going out so didnt see him. He's gone/going back today.

I fancy him, he said he liked me when we were out. I don't know what to do. I can't really send him another text seeing as though he didnt reply to my last text. I don't want to scare him off.
    He seemed different but I don't k ow what to think anymore. Any advice? I am visiting where he lives to visit a friend in a couple of weeks not sure whether to say something about that and suggest meeting up?
    Would you think that's being too desperate? If it was just a friend I wouldnt think twice..
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    tricky! I've been in a similar situation a couple of years back. If I was you, I'd leave it a week, if you don't hear anything from him, he's probably got too much going on in life at the moment and you'll probably end up on an emotional rollercoaster. If you hear from him, think about how you really feel about him. If you really do still fancy him, suggest meeting up, but try and make it in the afternoon, that way there probably won't be any alcohol involved and you will be able to actually chat to him alone and you will get a real feel for his personality and if you think it will work out. Hope it works out for you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scotty Bear)
    tricky! I've been in a similar situation a couple of years back. If I was you, I'd leave it a week, if you don't hear anything from him, he's probably got too much going on in life at the moment and you'll probably end up on an emotional rollercoaster. If you hear from him, think about how you really feel about him. If you really do still fancy him, suggest meeting up, but try and make it in the afternoon, that way there probably won't be any alcohol involved and you will be able to actually chat to him alone and you will get a real feel for his personality and if you think it will work out. Hope it works out for you!
    Thank you for the advice I know it's difficult, this time last week I was elated, a guy that I fancied was interested in me and wanted to get to know me (through text) and not just think about the physical side even though im very attracted to him physically. And now it feels like I've been pulled back down to earth

I know I've only known him for over a week, bit something clicked for me..I was considering texting him in a few days if I get no reply laying my cards on the table, say I fancy him and if he wanted to meet up that I would be happy to when I know im in his area and if not to tell me so I can move on. Ive had enough of playing games with boys, save so much time if maybe I put the thought out there so I know where we stand!

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by hollybanolly)

Last weekend I was out and met this guy, he was super lovely and unlike some guys I kiss on a night out he didnt ask me to come back to his that night. He took my number and I said jokingly, we should meet again and he was up for going for a meal the following thurs (thurs just gone).
    I didn't text him, thought id wait for him to make the first move as I never know whether I come across eager but the following night I get a text from him and an add on fb.
    Our texts last a few days in which he asks if im out bank holiday weekend. Which I said yes (no talk of this meal we said about- I dont mind as he's a really busy guy as he goes to uni an hour away from me but works full time (placement year) so this weekend he's only home for 4 days) we sort of say we'll see eachother in the club.
    Thursday night we see eachother in the club dance a little and kiss. His mates said to me 'your bloke this' and 'your bloke that' they said he liked me and he said it too. As he doesn't see his friends much he took me away where we could talk and apologised that we didn't get chance to really see eachother as he wanted to see his friends. But asked if I was out last night which I said yes. I said bye and that was that.
    Don't hear anything from him so I texted him last night asking if he had a good night thurs but no reply and in the end I didn't go out because my friends weren't going out so didnt see him. He's gone/going back today.

I fancy him, he said he liked me when we were out. I don't know what to do. I can't really send him another text seeing as though he didnt reply to my last text. I don't want to scare him off.
    He seemed different but I don't k ow what to think anymore. Any advice? I am visiting where he lives to visit a friend in a couple of weeks not sure whether to say something about that and suggest meeting up?
    Would you think that's being too desperate? If it was just a friend I wouldnt think twice..
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Please be careful, I've known a few girls in similar situations and it has not ended well. Remember a lot of guys are after one thing and won't care if you get hurt. Don't get attached too quickly/easily. Hope it goes okay though

ReputationRep:
    Totally know how you feel, I hope it works out for you, just don't let him mess with you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollybanolly)

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'd say wait and see if he texts you back from your last text first. Then mention going to the same city.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replies yeah it is difficult to know what to do. I think maybe as he doesnt live near me anymore may have something to do with it. But I dont even know what I want myself. Just want to get to know him more now as I am going to uni come September so just want to enjoy myself while I can as I don't think I want a proper relationship before uni. But I dunno haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 2, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.