Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Pissed off with friend who is now ignoring me? Watch

ReputationRep:
    i have had a friend since september when i visisted a friend at her uni, we became quite close telling eachother most things, about eachother. i'm girl, he boy but 100% platonic. he could be quite crude towards me sometimes but it was all in jest and he also has gf so it means nothing.

we would speak most days on fb etc., even though see rarely in real life due to distance.

i gave him a lot of advice and help with his relationship as it was going through the rocks. it all blew over but i was there for him. THEN when i had a problem with a guy, he was not interested in even TALKING to me. i was pretty pissed about this and let him know. i was there to help and he totally flaked. anyway so we moved on and things were normal. but recently he has TOTALLY ignored me. we don't speak anymore. i gave up talking to him as he would come online and not talk to me and if i tried to talk to him he would give 1 word replies. he sent me a text asking how i was out of the blue so i replied and he barely responded... it was so weird.

i am not upset and i do not miss him because he has shown himself to be very selfish and egocentric. however, i am pissed. i would like to know why he stopped talking to me as it was very rude and abrupt, literally we went from talking about EVERYTHING nearly every day, to absolute 0.

i think he either got bored, or got paranoid about his girlfriend (she is very jealous) or just went off of me. also i am suspicious he liked thinking he was important in my life and then he didn't like it when i talked about guys i was/wasn't interested in/issues with guys... when i was just treating him like i would my girlfriends and trying to get a guys persepctve. he was ALWAYS moaning about this and that problem in his relationship and i would listen and calm him down and give good advice and comfort.

is it worth persuing WHY he has done this, i would just like to know. or should i just leave it?

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    In the nicest way possible, screw him.

Sounds like a ****.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stripeytofu)
    In the nicest way possible, screw him.

Sounds like a ****.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i totallt agree he is an *******, who treats a friend like that? anyway i don't care anymore about him acting that way but i am curious as to why he behaved this way... which is what i want to ask?

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, there could be a million reasons. Probably the best way to find out would be to ask him directly.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he was raiding or had a busy screen and just misclicked the "ignore" option. Just do a new char and whisper him and pretend it's not you at first, then when he responds you can go like "this is my new alt" and then you'll see whether he actually ignores you.

You're probably just on his ignore list by accident :crossedf:

ReputationRep:
    Not gonna lie, I had to translate this in my head to English that made sense.

Either way, he sounds like a douche

ReputationRep:
    I would ask him directly. Clearly, the fact that you've told us about this shows that you care and you want to know. Even if this leads to the end of your 'friendship' I think you at least deserve some closure. He does sound like a **** but there should be a reason. Perhaps he doesn't even know he's making you feel like this. Talk to him!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    As people say, ask him directly, there are a ton of reasons why he just doesn't talk much to you any more.

Top few:

1. He wanted to bang tho and got bored of you having standards.

2. His girlfriend was getting down his throat about him always talking to you.

3. He just kinda went off you, it happens life goes on and people come and go.

4. Something or things are currently drawing his time and attention away, causing him to just not have the time for long drawn out chats.

5. Talking to you every day on FB isn't a big deal, maybe he didn't consider you guys uber friends, just a FB person to spiel with and naturally that wore off.

6. Totally serious though he probably wanted to bang you, until common sense told him it wasn't happening and you were far away anyway. He wouldn't be the first guy ever to talk to a girl because he wants to tap dat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helpmeoutbro)
    i totallt agree he is an *******, who treats a friend like that? anyway i don't care anymore about him acting that way but i am curious as to why he behaved this way... which is what i want to ask?
    If he's that reluctant to talk to you, he probably won't give you a straight answer. Or any answer.

Drop it and move on.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OrcFromOrgrimmar)
    Maybe he was raiding or had a busy screen and just misclicked the "ignore" option. Just do a new char and whisper him and pretend it's not you at first, then when he responds you can go like "this is my new alt" and then you'll see whether he actually ignores you.

You're probably just on his ignore list by accident :crossedf:
    uh what you talking about dear?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 2, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.