Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Scariest film(s) you have seen? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Without any spoilers, What is the Scariest film(s) you have seen and Why?

Mine are The
    Woman in Black, and I'm Watching Cassadaga this very moment, it's ​ Horrifying!

Both are about Ghosts, and have some Gruesome things in them.

Your Turn

ReputationRep:
    The woman in black was good, I always loved the Halloween movies and all the classic horror. Gore in "scary" films nowadays is just shock value

ReputationRep:
    The Woman in Black that was only a 12 rating lol. The scariest film I've probably seen is Saw

ReputationRep:
    Wrong Turn all parts, it's just scary and I cannot eat after watching it Or 'Saw' all parts, I just can't stand all the horrible things in there..

ReputationRep:
    Saw is not very scary. It all seems quite controlled - if you know what I mean?

Hostel on the other hand...

ReputationRep:
    Jeepers creepers and dog soldiers
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    The Woman In Black did not scare me at all... I found it pretty predictable and cliched :ninja:

Nearly pooped my pants at The Cabin in the Woods though, but maybe that was a result of pure surprise and excessive gore :lol:

ReputationRep:
    The Fourth Kind.
    Good people, do not watch it alone at night unless you're a brave-heart.

ReputationRep:
    The fourth kind! Without doubt! Went on a first date to see it, needless to say it didn't work out! Horrific, was 22 when I went to see it and didn't sleep for 3 days, just messes with your mind! Don't watch if you're a thinker, if u can watch a film then forget it then youll be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Rosemary's baby. That is some next ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B1525)
    The fourth kind! Without doubt! Went on a first date to see it, needless to say it didn't work out! Horrific, was 22 when I went to see it and didn't sleep for 3 days, just messes with your mind! Don't watch if you're a thinker, if u can watch a film then forget it then youll be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This is now on my to watch list. I hope it's as scary as you make it out to be. >_>

ReputationRep:
    Hostel 1 and 2, and the Saw movies.

Very gory, and very cleverly thought out.

Plus the main character in the first Hostel is fit.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    The Exorcist is the scariest film I have ever seen but I have seen it that many times now, that it has lost all of its horror factor. Still a great movie though.

The scariest movie I have seen lately was The Entity. I was pleasantly surprised at how scary that was!

Insidious and The Woman In Black are the scariest modern films I would say.

ReputationRep:
    The Ring.
    Saw it when I was like 11 or 12 and it scared the crap out of me. Didn't watch any telly for a month lol.

ReputationRep:
    I'd have to say The Orphanage (El Orfanato), purely because I didn't think a film with it's age rating would be like that at all, very good film though. Most 'scary' films nowadays are far too predictable, or just filled with shock value such as 'A Serbian Film' and 'The Human Centipede'.

edit: Also, The Strangers is very good for a jumpy type scary movie.

ReputationRep:
    Evil Dead. It's not really scary but the scene when the women suddenly transformed into a demon made me jump like a *****.

ReputationRep:
    Sex and the City 2. That moment where they secured a $100m budget for a vaguely racist sequel to a sequel to a terrible television series... :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    I was about 8 when I watched The Ring, and that scared the crap out of me.
    Sinister is very scary in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taljana)
    The Ring.
    Saw it when I was like 11 or 12 and it scared the crap out of me. Didn't watch any telly for a month lol.
    Ahhh, same here, LOL :')
    I watched it when i was like 8.

ReputationRep:
    I saw The Shining, The Thing, Alien and Martyrs. All four scared the living daylights out of me.

EDIT: I forgot to mention Silence of the Lambs but I'd say that Martyrs was damn creepy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.