Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Nuke New York City Or Kill Family? Watch

ReputationRep:
    There are two options, only one choice.

1. Choose to have New York City nuked (and your family is saved),

OR,

2. Choose to have your family killed (and New York City and its inhabitants are saved).

There are only two options and you must choose one or the other, no improvisations.

In short, keep New York safe or keep your family safe?

ReputationRep:
    Well it's a pretty f'ed up situation to make a rational decision in but I supposed i'd choose killing my family over nyc. Less people dying.

ReputationRep:
    What if you and your family live in New York City? Surely then we're all ****ed.

(Nuke NY City, is my direct answer btw - I suppose family is too important for me, even if more people do end up dying. Sorry new York )

ReputationRep:
    I'd say kill me and let New York and my family go, I couldn't make a decision like that :/

ReputationRep:
    As I know nobody in NYC I'd nuke the place and forward the bill to N. Korea.

ReputationRep:
    C.

If you wanted a direct answer, you should have had the common sense to use a poll.

ReputationRep:
    I would save my family. I don't really like New York. Everyone seems to think it's the best thing since sliced bread, but I cba wit all the rapes, rain, stupid accents and all that SJP business.

I would nuke New York even if my family was safe anyway.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    If I nuked the states they'd retaliate and nuke the uk and me and my family would die anyway

ReputationRep:
    Kill family (:

ReputationRep:
    nuke

ReputationRep:
    NY probably as they're just numbers to me. My family is my family.

ReputationRep:
    Depends how much you like population control....

ReputationRep:
    Kill my family, its for the greater good. Nuking new york wouldnt just effect the city, it would effect global trade etc etc, not to mention the hundreds of millions effected by radiation poisoning, the death of wildlife etc etc. It would effect millions of families, and it is not my place to say those families are any less valuable than my own so yup. Cold as it is, my family

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foghorn Leghorn)
    Well it's a pretty f'ed up situation to make a rational decision in but I supposed i'd choose killing my family over nyc. Less people dying.
    is it really just a 'more people' choice? surely one family member holds more value to you than one random NY citizen?

I'd nuke NY no question

ReputationRep:
    Haven't got much of an immediate family; yet I wouldn't kill my mum for anything or anyone. Nuke NYC.

Since N.Korea have declared a state of war with the South there're an increasing number of threads associated with nuclear wars and the end of the world. Hmm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zz_)
    is it really just a 'more people' choice? surely one family member holds more value to you than one random NY citizen?

I'd nuke NY no question
    Yes but one must not only consider how it will effect themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zz_)

I'd nuke NY no question
    Well yeah one family member probably holds more value to me than the whole of nyc, however, let's face it, it's far more devistating to kill millions than it is to kill one family. If I kill nyc the world suffers, if I kill my family only I and some other people suffer. The world could cope better with the death of one family than a whole city.

ReputationRep:
    Bye bye New York

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foghorn Leghorn)
    Well yeah one family member probably holds more value to me than the whole of nyc, however, let's face it, it's far more devistating to kill millions than it is to kill one family. If I kill nyc the world suffers, if I kill my family only I and some other people suffer. The world could cope better with the death of one family than a whole city.
    'the world' doesn't feel. if i kill my family i can't sleep at night, and when i do i probably have nightmares. if i nuke NY, a lot of people i've never heard of feel pain, but their pain is not my pain. i'd get over it.

i swear i'm not this cold and heartless all the time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zz_)
    'the world' doesn't feel. if i kill my family i can't sleep at night, and when i do i probably have nightmares. if i nuke NY, a lot of people i've never heard of feel pain, but their pain is not my pain. i'd get over it.
    i swear i'm not this cold and heartless all the time[/QUOTE]

The world doesn't feel pain, but the people in the world do, hence nuking NYC more people would be effected and suffer.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.