Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

In october last year, i started seeing this guy at uni. He was the first guy i had ever had any sort of relationship and grew really close with him (staying with each other everynight, having loads of the same interests) but four months later he texts me saying he has got back with his ex girlfriend...
    were on the same course at uni and live really close to one an other and do occosaionally bump into him. I told him we should try be friends but that didnt work out so i decided we cant be friends and need to get over it so i didnt speak to him for 1 month but now hes messaging me telling me he misses me and wants to chill with eachother

Why the hell cant i get over this guy?!? I dont know whether its just because he was the first guy i ever was seeing but i feel like **** constantly and cant get over it...im always thinking about him and thinking what if i did things differently i just feel ridiculous! please help or just abit of encouragement! ive put on half a stone cos im just eating cos of im sad which isnt helping cos i look like a pig!

ReputationRep:
    How did you respond to him saying he wants to see you in a friendly way?

ReputationRep:
    What you are doing is right if you still have feelings for him then you shouldn't be friends it wouldn't be fair on his girlfriend!! Also the more you distance yourself from him the better you will feel. Also you could try doing things that make you feel good about yourself you know like treating yourself to new clothes or going to hairdressers. I always find going for a run really helps let out your frustrations and clears your head. Overall you need to find a happy place for yourself before even considering approaching friendship with him.

ReputationRep:
    If he's texting you like that, he's messing with you and his ex. Don't let him use you or screw with your mind. You need something to take your mind off of the situation. Maybe find a new hobby or meet up with lots of different friends. The more you go out and the more new people you meet the less you will think about him. It won't be an overnight fix and it won't be easy, but soon the few good days will turn into lots of good days and the odd bad day and eventually you'll look back and pity him. Just keep strong

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 2, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.