Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know roughly how long they take once you send off the consent form?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    They don't usually tell you when they've finished it, so if you haven't heard anything that means you're probably fine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milienhaus)
    They don't usually tell you when they've finished it, so if you haven't heard anything that means you're probably fine!
    That's good to know. It's been a few weeks now, I was getting worried!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know when we can expect to receive our contracts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crafter)
    Anyone know when we can expect to receive our contracts?
    You are unlikely to hear from PwC again until about six weeks before you start, judging on my previous experience with them. At the that point you'll be given more information and possibly contracts, otherwise they'll be given to you on the induction course in your first week. It's not like you sign them to say you're taking up the offer like for banks - as far as they're concerned you agreed to the background check so you've agreed to work for them.

ReputationRep:
    You are unlikely to hear from PwC again until about six weeks before you start, judging on my previous experience with them. At the that point you'll be given more information and possibly contracts, otherwise they'll be given to you on the induction course in your first week. It's not like you sign them to say you're taking up the offer like for banks - as far as they're concerned you agreed to the background check so you've agreed to work for them.
    Great, many thanks for this!

ReputationRep:
    Do you know what sort of time frame the start date gets confirmed in? I've regularly been checking that website they give you access to, but still no confirmed start date yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowedin)
    Do you know what sort of time frame the start date gets confirmed in? I've regularly been checking that website they give you access to, but still no confirmed start date yet.
    Unfortunately it is officially six weeks before you start. Assume early September though, unless you're in Scotland where I've heard 26th August bandied around. It varies by office and also possibly line of service.

If you know who your 'local recruiter' is you can email them and they will tell you - I don't know the name of mine which is super annoying.

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately it is officially six weeks before you start. Assume early September though, unless you're in Scotland where I've heard 26th August bandied around. It varies by office and also possibly line of service.

If you know who your 'local recruiter' is you can email them and they will tell you - I don't know the name of mine which is super annoying.
    Do you think this 'local recruiter' can also tell you if your Background checks have been carried out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rich_90)
    Do you think this 'local recruiter' can also tell you if your Background checks have been carried out?
    Maybe, but I wouldn't worry too much about that - they almost definitely have been (its only a couple of phone calls after all ...), and if there was any kind of problem they would have got in contact with you.

You could find out by asking your referees whether they have been asked for references yet I guess?

ReputationRep:

Ah right, thanks. Isn't your local recruiter the one who got in touch with you to offer you the job though?

ReputationRep:
    Ah right, thanks. Isn't your local recruiter the one who got in touch with you to offer you the job though?
    Yep, but that was by phone for me and I don't remember the name...

ReputationRep:
    Yep, but that was by phone for me and I don't remember the name...
    Might be worth having a browse on LinkedIn if you haven't done i.e. using the office you replied to and job role of recruiter? Just a suggestion!

ReputationRep:
    Might be worth having a browse on LinkedIn if you haven't done i.e. using the office you replied to and job role of recruiter? Just a suggestion!
    Good idea, but even then I doubt it would narrow it down to one person

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know roughly how long they take once you send off the consent form?
    I have spoke to both my recruitment officer and HC Direct, who have both confirmed that I will be contacted and notified once the pre-screening background checks have been completed.

HC Direct said that during busy times of the year (such as now), this could take up to 8 weeks - I've waited 5 at the moment, so fingers crossed for soon

ReputationRep:
    I have spoke to both my recruitment officer and HC Direct, who have both confirmed that I will be contacted and notified once the pre-screening background checks have been completed.

HC Direct said that during busy times of the year (such as now), this could take up to 8 weeks - I've waited 5 at the moment, so fingers crossed for soon
    I had my offer in October and have had no communication from them (except when I contacted them to ask about start dates), and had a similar situation last year when I had an internship offer - maybe you have a particularly helpful recruiter but for most people no news is good news!

ReputationRep:

Do let us know as it's been a similar time for me As milianhaus has said most of us won't be hearing back until six weeks before the start, so I guess I could use it as a comparison for my own peace of mind!

ReputationRep:
    Do let us know as it's been a similar time for me As milianhaus has said most of us won't be hearing back until six weeks before the start, so I guess I could use it as a comparison for my own peace of mind!
    Yeah, I'm in need of some peace of mind - really want it 100% confirmed so I can relax and plan my summer holidays/work...

ReputationRep:
    Start dates out on the embark page for those who don't yet know

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.