I would like to apply to the following universities for BA History:
1. Exeter A*AA-AAB (My ambitious choice)2. Southampton AAB (My moderately realistic choice)
3. UEA AAB (One of my realistic choices)
4. Kent ABB (Realistic choice and my favourite university; if I didn't get offered a place at Exeter I would take this over the others)
5. Oxford Brookes BBB (Realistic choice; Back-up choice, still a good university)
I take three ASs:
1. English Literature
2. Government & Politics
I am predicted BBB, but I have been getting As in every subject apart from English Literature which I am getting Bs and Cs in. I believe I can get ABB at AS and AAB+ at A2. 90% in my US History mock! Top of Year 12 in Politics.
My questions are as follows:
1. Will my GCSEs (AABCCC, Distinction* and Pass) hinder me?
2. Could you tier each university for prestige, as I am going into law eventually and need to attend a decent university! (e.g. Tier 1 - Oxbridge and Tier 5 - Thames Valley University)
3. If I get ABB at AS would Exeter be off limits?
4. Will only taking 3 ASs hinder me? I plan on doing the EPQ at A2...
x Turn on thread page Beta
A few questions about... watch
- Thread Starter
- 02-04-2013 00:02
- 02-04-2013 15:49
1. Read the course descriptions carefully. Not all History courses are the same and all Universities have areas of History they specialise in. Make sure the course on offer is actually what you want to spend three years studying.
2. Go to Open Days. Do not make your decision based simply on 'prestige' or the pictures on the website.
3. If you want to read Law, why arent you applying for a Law degree?