Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I started boxing two years ago, at my old uni and i'd really like to keep training. There isn't a boxing club at Keele at the moment, but it might be possible to start one; if people are interested. The union says it is possible on the website. But there are clubs in Newcastle and Stoke though; according to the ABAE website.

We could get people intrested in Freshers Week, at the Sportsfair with leaflets; as an example, if we want to train elsewhere. It is possible that people are already training in this way at the uni.

If anyone is interested; message me on here.

Best wishes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sportsman1)
    Hi. I started boxing two years ago, at my old uni and i'd really like to keep training. There isn't a boxing club at Keele at the moment, but it might be possible to start one; if people are interested. The union says it is possible on the website. But there are clubs in Newcastle and Stoke though; according to the ABAE website.

We could get people intrested in Freshers Week, at the Sportsfair with leaflets; as an example, if we want to train elsewhere. It is possible that people are already training in this way at the uni.

If anyone is interested; message me on here.

Best wishes
    Hell yes. I've been at a club for 2/3 years now. I've never had the time to box competitively but I definitely want to keep up the sport at Keele.

ReputationRep:
    Good to hear from you sir. I really want to keep training while i'm at Keele. We could keep asking on here until we get to uni and see what responses we get.

There are bound to be people like us who have done it before and those who have not. We could then move from there; depending upon numbers. What are your thoughts?

Regards x

ReputationRep:
    Good to hear from you sir. I really want to keep training while i'm at Keele. We could keep asking on here until we get to uni and see what responses we get.

There are bound to be people like us who have done it before and those who have not. We could then move from there; depending upon numbers. What are your thoughts?

Regards x
    That would be good. I'm doing medicine so don't know if I will be able to commit to anything major. I'm definetly joining the gym though.

ReputationRep:
    There are so many medical students who do boxing! There were several at my old uni! I won't be able to do loads with my course either. But we should be able to get together a good group for training and socials etc.

Have you got any kit? I've got my own, we should be able to improvise our own and train in a limited way if needs be. This will depend on numbers etc.

ReputationRep:
    There are so many medical students who do boxing! There were several at my old uni! I won't be able to do loads with my course either. But we should be able to get together a good group for training and socials etc.

Have you got any kit? I've got my own, we should be able to improvise our own and train in a limited way if needs be. This will depend on numbers etc.
    Only personal stuff like gloves and wraps. My dad has some other stuff and an old punching bag. I don't know if he'd let me bring that.

ReputationRep:
    You could post on the Keele University 2012/13 Freshers page on Facebook. It's a popular page, and you could use it as a way to see how many people already at Keele are interested.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/keel...shers/?fref=ts

I think you need to have a certain amount of people interested to set a society up, I'm not sure how many off the top of my head.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I really want to do boxing at keele, let's sort it out at keele. It's one sport i'm sure we can get plenty of people to sign up too.

ReputationRep:
    Starting at Keele this year and would be really interested in a boxing club.

ReputationRep:
    I notice that the Students' Union at Keele University is trying to recruit a Sports Ambassador for Amateur Boxing, starting this September!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ishy_keele)
    Hi,

I really want to do boxing at keele, let's sort it out at keele. It's one sport i'm sure we can get plenty of people to sign up too.
    Amateur Boxing is currently the only major Commonwealth and Olympic Games sport which is NOT on offer to the students of Keele University!

ReputationRep:
    When is Fresher's Fayre at the University of Keele? Will there be a Boxing Club stall?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ishy_keele)
    Hi,

Will there be a Boxing Club stall at Fresher's Fayre this year?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.