Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Take out Kim Jong-un, al-Assad or Ahmadinejad? Watch

ReputationRep:
    You have 3 options, but only one choice.

You are only allowed to have one of the following to be assassinated. Who will you choose to be successfully assassinated?

1. Kim Jong-un, Supreme Leader of the Democratic People's Republic of North Korea.

2. Bashar al-Assad, President of the Syrian Arab Republic.

OR,

3. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, President of the Islamic Republic of Iran.

Who will you take out?

ReputationRep:
    Assad, there's a greater chance of his regime collapsing. I have read before the Ahmadenijad is a puppet, while the death of Kim Jong-un would be likely to lead to instability and war.

ReputationRep:
    Ahmadinejad, definitely. I don't believe the death of Jong-un would cause war, because it would just be the exact same situation as when Jong-il died - either a member of the family or one of the NKO generals would be interred as the leader. Assad isn't much of a threat to the world stage but if he died Syria would become a rogue state under Islamic extremist rebels, and that definitely would be a threat to the world stage.

Ahmadinejad doesn't appear to be an especially nice bloke, and while he may be a puppet there's no denying that if it's going to kick off anywhere, he's going to be involved in some way. (I am of course referring to Iran + Israel.)

ReputationRep:
    Definitely Assad for an end to the Syrian regime.

ReputationRep:
    Mahmoud, dat pose requires a gun shot.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'd happily assassinate Assad.

ReputationRep:
    Why do people even bother with ahmadinejad? He's not even the most powerful in his own country he's not even second, he's doesn't even have control of the military, or foreign policy. Killing him would do nothing. The supreme leader of iran Ayatollah Khamenei holds most power then his guardian council then ahmadinejad. It would be the equivelant to killing Arne Duncan...... the US secutary of education.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reform)
    I'd happily assassinate Assad.
    Watch out TSR, Al Nusra has seem to have made a TSR account.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mukhabarat)
    Watch out TSR, Al Nusra has seem to have made a TSR account.
    I've been caught.

ReputationRep:
    I've been caught.

This is what I dont understand about you Muslims. You support foreign invasion against real leaders but against fake *******s like House of Saud, you're silent - I mean, Saud hosts american military bases on the "holy land" and funds Israel lmao. And yes, I am Muslim.

Fake revolutionaries, get out of 'er.

ReputationRep:
    This is what I dont understand about you Muslims. You support foreign invasion against real leaders but against fake *******s like House of Saud, you're silent - I mean, Saud hosts american military bases on the "holy land" and funds Israel lmao. And yes, I am Muslim.

Generalising. No Muslim would support foreign invasion and the Muslims of the land that's being invaded have to fight. It's a fard al ayn on them. Saudi are extremely corrupt and everyone knows that. The military base Saudi hosts are droning the Muslims in Yemen and honestly to take them out of power would be incredibly difficult.

As for Syria, the people are dying by the thousands which is why I said I'll happily assassinate Assad.

Asalamu alaykum.

ReputationRep:

Generalising. No Muslim would support foreign invasion and the Muslims of the land that's being invaded have to fight. It's a fard al ayn on them. Saudi are extremely corrupt and everyone knows that. The military base Saudi hosts are droning the Muslims in Yemen and honestly to take them out of power would be incredibly difficult.

As for Syria, the people are dying by the thousands which is why I said I'll happily assassinate Assad.

Asalamu alaykum.
    What reform basically said... I don't why you think every other muslim other then yourself loves Saudi.

ReputationRep:
    Generalising. No Muslim would support foreign invasion and the Muslims of the land that's being invaded have to fight.
    You clearly have never heard of the Muslim Satanic Brotherhood.

A large proportion of Muslims support Jabhat and other oppositions, that much is clear.

It's a fard al ayn on them. Saudi are extremely corrupt and everyone knows that. The military base Saudi hosts are droning the Muslims in Yemen and honestly to take them out of power would be incredibly difficult.
    That is true, but that shouldnt be stopping you overthrowing them.

Asalamu alaykum.
    You do realise its a foreign funded insurgency, right?
    (Original post by IdeasForLife)
    What reform basically said... I don't why you think every other muslim other then yourself loves Saudi.
    What? Me love Saud? Are you kidding? :rofl: Why would I love Zionist agents? :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    You clearly have never heard of the Muslim Satanic Brotherhood.

A large proportion of Muslims support Jabhat and other oppositions, that much is clear.

That is true, but that shouldnt be stopping you overthrowing them.

You do realise its a foreign funded insurgency, right?

What? Me love Saud? Are you kidding? :rofl: Why would I love Zionist agents? :rofl:

The Muslim brotherhood accept foreign invasions?

As for the situation in Syria, who do you support? I support the Muslims who want to have Sharia in Syria. From what I know this is Jabhat al Nusra.
    And Allah knows best.

As for Saudi, if you fight against them, it's technically 'strife in the holy land' which will then cause Muslims from around the world to defend them even though they don't understand the situation. I honestly don't know how to go about the situation in Saudi so I'll refrain from speaking anymore about it.

ReputationRep:
    Killing Kim-Jung Un would lead to a succession crisis which could end up in hardline generals taking absolute control or even a civil war.

Killing Ahemdinejad would just lead to a greater anti-western stance and acceleration of their nuclear programme to protect themselves from the Zionist who assassinated their president. He is coming to the end of his term anyway, all it do is help bolster support for the conservatives and make more people vote for them in the next election rather than the less extreme opposition.

Killing Al-Assad could lead to a member of his cabinet taking control who wants to negotiate peace. Hopefully this would stop the violence in Syria but it would create a vacuum where hard-line Islamist parties might be likely to take control, we have all heard about the links between the rebels and Al-Qaeda.

Personally I wouldn't like to take the life of anyone, even crazy dictators who I wholeheartedly disagree with on their politics. If I had to chose though it would be Al-Assad, as it presents the possibility of restoring normality and stopping a civil war which has killed upwards of 70,000 so far.

ReputationRep:
    Assad.

ReputationRep:
    Assad without a doubt. This would likely lead to the Syrian regime collapsing

Kim Jong Un would probably be replaced with another family member. Ahmadinejad has little power and is due to be replaced at the end of his term in August.

ReputationRep:
    I love this. Ideally three. I'm a staunch interventionist. If Mr Obama and Mrs Merkel agreed I'd take the lot of them out, with rocket attacks and if required, nuclear weapons.

If you are only offering me one, I think Syria and Mr Assad.
    - The reason is, I'm staunchly pro-South Korea, great nation, but I think Mr Kim knows that any attack on South Korea would result in him being wiped out. He is 30 years old and could rule the country for 50 years, why jeopardise that with a silly attack on S. Korea/US. What we are seeing at the moment is rabble rousing and flexing of muscles. He's not stupid.
    - And Ahmadinejad is going soon. I am staunchly pro-Israel, and I do worry about them with this man nearby, but again, I'm not that worried by his Nuclear Program, he would never use it on them (neither would his successor, whoever that may be - another argument for not him). Good point on his lack of power as well by Foghorn Leghorn.
    - So it has to be Assad. There is an argument that some of these rebels are just as bad, and perhaps that is a fair one, but you don't just continue with Max Weber's traditional authority because it is tradition. If the people get fed up of these aristocrats and want democracy, you give it to them. You step down and begin the process of elections. He hasn't, and for 2 years we've seen this trouble. I wouldn't assassinate him, I would just launch rocket attacks on his military bases. Whether he lives or dies is irrelevant. I'd rather him live to be honest and bring him to court.

Forget Consequentialism, Isolationism and all that regional instability crap. In IR actions are inherently good or inherently bad full stop.

ReputationRep:
    Why only three options? I can think of three other people whose killing would be more justified (even though I'm against the killing of people in general :rolleyes: )

ReputationRep:
    Theresa May, Ian Duncan Smith, and Michael Gove.

Who would you choose from these people?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 3, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.