Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm considering trying to form a new party, the Republican Party. The party would fill a gap that I believe exists in the TSR Commons by being a more right wing, capitalism driven party. We would draw influences from the basic principles of the American Rebublican Party of the pre Bush administration and the attitude and strengths of the Ancient Roman Republic and base out government in looking out for the best interests of the state and the people.

Our primary principles could be summarised by:

Low taxes, equal opportunities for all and most importantly, social responsibility.

I believe hard working citizens should not pay for the irresponsibility of others.

No other parties work hard enough to promote these principles.

This is only an overview and policies will of course be decided once I hear other's ideas and opinions on the overall principles.

Would anyone be interested in helping me form a right wing party that shakes off the stereotyped view of the right being 'racist' or 'Facists'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacob :))
    I'm considering trying to form a new party, the Republican Party. The party would fill a gap that I believe exists in the TSR Commons by being a more right wing, capitalism driven party. We would draw influences from the basic principles of the American Rebublican Party of the pre Bush administration and the attitude and strengths of the Ancient Roman Republic and base out government in looking out for the best interests of the state and the people.

Our primary principles could be summarised by:

Low taxes, equal opportunities for all and most importantly, social responsibility.

I believe hard working citizens should not pay for the irresponsibility of others.

No other parties work hard enough to promote these principles.

This is only an overview and policies will of course be decided once I hear other's ideas and opinions on the overall principles.

Would anyone be interested in helping me form a right wing party that shakes off the stereotyped view of the right being 'racist' or 'Facists'?
    What do you mean by social responsibility.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...publican+party

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    What do you mean by social responsibility.
    You have a responsibility to work to provide for yourself and your dependants. That's everyone primary social responsibility.

You could go in to more detail like avoid having more children than you can support, avoid allowing yourself to get in to debt, do your best to educate yourself and your children, work hard at your job so you progress, be wise with your money, take out appropriate insurance, try to save money for emergencies and your old age.

Don't expect the government to provide for you each time you fail to do you.

Another responsibility is to do what is best for the state as long as well as you can.

There will be exceptions of course which is why some support will remain.

ReputationRep:
    That does'nt really tell me about social responsibility.

It does tell me that Lambert was economically illiterate given the size of a UK default would cause Spain and the US probably to go under when you consider banking exposure.

ReputationRep:
    You have a responsibility to work to provide for yourself and your dependants. That's everyone primary social responsibility.

You could go in to more detail like avoid having more children than you can support, avoid allowing yourself to get in to debt, do your best to educate yourself and your children, work hard at your job so you progress, be wise with your money, take out appropriate insurance, try to save money for emergencies and your old age.

Don't expect the government to provide for you each time you fail to do you.

Another responsibility is to do what is best for the state as long as well as you can.

There will be exceptions of course which is why some support will remain.
    In that case i'm not sure why your not applying for membership of the Tories.

Everything mentioned allies with our views.

ReputationRep:
    Well I guess we'd have to change the name.

ReputationRep:
    In that case i'm not sure why your not applying for membership of the Tories.

Everything mentioned allies with our views.
    There not firm enough about it.

Maybe I could join and drag the party further to the right...

ReputationRep:
    There not firm enough about it.

Maybe I could join and drag the party further to the right...
    Tell us a couple of policies that you'd like to see, we're open to new ideas.

ReputationRep:
    You've described the Libers. Just without their compassionate approach to Welfare.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Mad Dog)
    You've described the Libers. Just without their compassionate approach to Welfare.
    That's a pretty big difference!

ReputationRep:
    That's a pretty big difference!
    Read the poverty aboliton act. The only difference between the two parties is you want people to starve to death.

While I'm at it using the republican name is stupid, dishonest and confusing

ReputationRep:
    Read the poverty aboliton act. The only difference between the two parties is you want people to starve to death.

How so? The name is actually pretty valid even if i don't see the need for the party.

ReputationRep:

No one will starve if they are socially responsible. And even then we'd probably give them some bread or something. I'm not that bad!

ReputationRep:
    How so? The name is actually pretty valid even if i don't see the need for the party.
    Good question!

ReputationRep:
    oh wow.

no thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Rofl, as someone who grew up and lives in the US, trust me, you don't wanna model anything after the Republican Party. I'm all for small spending, but not at the expense of aid for the needy (elderly, unemployed, sick, etc) and women's/LGBT/immigrant/minority rights - all things Republicans are far too willing to sacrifice.

ReputationRep:
    You will want a different name. Trust me.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    How do you aim to give people equal opportunities with low taxes (and, I assume, minimal governmental intervention)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    How do you aim to give people equal opportunities with low taxes (and, I assume, minimal governmental intervention)?
    Special Ayn Rand pixie dust I assume :laugh:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.