Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    When are they going to introduce all the law tests, the ones that are going to be at the most of the universities? And is this really a good idea?

ReputationRep:
    i would hate having to do them, we already have so many exams to prepare for already.

Luckily i'm into durham in 2005 unconditionall because i applied for deferred entry. If i had left it to applying next year i would have had to take the test.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iiikewldude)
    i would hate having to do them, we already have so many exams to prepare for already.

Luckily i'm into durham in 2005 unconditionall because i applied for deferred entry. If i had left it to applying next year i would have had to take the test.
    Its fair enough, if you dont do it for a level how do you know if you will be suited to it? They wil be giving places to ppl with the best aptitude who wil be more likely to come out with a good result.

ReputationRep:
    The tests are pretty much critical thinking exams aren't they? Learning how to pass them is 90% technique - anyone who has done critical thinking will have a major advantage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alocin)
    The tests are pretty much critical thinking exams aren't they? Learning how to pass them is 90% technique - anyone who has done critical thinking will have a major advantage.
    The one i did at Nottingham was law through and through. But it was alot of common sense and deduction. They have a few passages of complex law ideas and cases to do with shipping contracts etc but you just had to go on what you were given and not get lost in the guff that was written. There was an act of parliament governing custodianship and who was eligible, and from a list of people with various histories and relationships that you had to apply the rules to to see if they were eligible.

The marksheme was nasty on the last section, add 1 for a correct answer, deduct one for an incorrect answer. SO not rewarding risk takers really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladyluck)
    The one i did at Nottingham was law through and through. But it was alot of common sense and deduction. They have a few passages of complex law ideas and cases to do with shipping contracts etc but you just had to go on what you were given and not get lost in the guff that was written. There was an act of parliament governing custodianship and who was eligible, and from a list of people with various histories and relationships that you had to apply the rules to to see if they were eligible.

The marksheme was nasty on the last section, add 1 for a correct answer, deduct one for an incorrect answer. SO not rewarding risk takers really.
    Still not heard??

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    Still not heard??

G
    No!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.