Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi, anyone here applied for Design for Communication MA?
    i also happen to apply for the international scholarships (sent it around mid March) but only received the "thank you for your application" email since.. and nothing more.

anyone knows the announcement date whether or not we will be offered place and/or the scholarship?

thanks guys

ReputationRep:
    Hey!
    For all I know there r lots of ppl applying for these scholarships so they r really hard to get. I checked previous threads & it looks like they announced the winners in late July/early August so thats a looooooooooong wait :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mary7)
    Hey!
    For all I know there r lots of ppl applying for these scholarships so they r really hard to get. I checked previous threads & it looks like they announced the winners in late July/early August so thats a looooooooooong wait :eek:
    woah this is not good,
    it's only been less than a month and i'm already super anxious

from which thread was it? do you mind giving me the link?

thanks Mary7

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    No problem, here's the link:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=565643

and

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1605087

Are you applying for a full postgraduate scholarship?

ReputationRep:
    yep, the international scholarship for postgraduate.
    are you applying too?

ReputationRep:
    Yup, I sent in my application couple of days ago... I just hate the fact that we have to wait 4 such a long time b4 we hear from them :mad: Besides, I asked em a question but they never replied so I didnt send any certificates/proof of my achievements, I just listed them so I dunno... ughhh

ReputationRep:
    they did that to me too. i even send them my portfolio twice because of, what i assume to be, miscommunication on their side. beside asking for my datas, they haven't been answering any of my questions despite the "if you have any questions about this please contact me" line they always use at the end of every email.
    can't they just tell us if our applications are completed and WHEN the result will be announced?
    is an exact date really too much to ask? i mean it will even save them the headache over having to be bombarded by similar questions like yours and mine..

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that sucks...I really wanted to know the answers to my questions coz i already sent in my application grrr

ReputationRep:
    hey mary!
    turns out i got an unconditional offer (yay!) but they didn't mention anything about scholarship..
    do we have to fill in another form like in the bottom of this page or do they already consider us applying for scholarship (since they have already ask that in the application form)?

i'm confused because they basically just ask me to fill the same forms and documents but instead e-mailing them we had to send them physical copies..

i mean, what?

ReputationRep:
    Hey conrad23,
    Congrats on the offer! Did u apply for an undergraduate or postgraduate course? If u applied for an undergraduate course u have to send ur scholarship application online & for a postgraduate course u need to send it by post, & yes u need to download the application from their website. U might as well hurry cause the deadline is approaching.

ReputationRep:
    i'm applying for postgraduate..
    okay great! thanks for the answer mary

ReputationRep:
    No problem

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.