Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! so i chose to do biology for my EE and Im just wondering whether there are any topics that I should avoid doing in order to get a high mark? Also is there anything that EE examiners especially like/dislike?

Thanks so much

ReputationRep:
    Hi I did a Biology extended essay and took the IB exams in November 2012. I am not sure if there are topics that examiners especially like/dislike. But you should choose a topic you have an interest in, and also a Research Question that is more open ended. It will give you more space to work. If you have no particular interest, I suggest just sitting down to read more extensively about any random topic. Once you start reading more you should begin to have more questions.

On the other hand, you might want to venture beyond some typical topics. In my school the majority of topics fell under plants or bacteria, such as allelopathy/bioremediation/anti-bacterial but considering that experimentation on animals is banned, cant really blame them.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.