Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys need some help here! The time to select my uni has come, I have unconditionals for LSE and York, however LSE is for Economics and Economic History and York is for straight Economics.

LSE: econ and econ history
    York: econ

I know LSE is the better uni but is econ and econ history as worth it/ reputable as Yorks straight econ?

Not sure if the joint courses from LSE are as reputable..!
    Please help.
    Ben

ReputationRep:
    Are you literally just going to uni to get a job, or does one of these courses interest you more?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by bengoodey)
    Hi guys need some help here! The time to select my uni has come, I have unconditionals for LSE and York, however LSE is for Economics and Economic History and York is for straight Economics.

LSE: econ and econ history
    York: econ

I know LSE is the better uni but is econ and econ history as worth it/ reputable as Yorks straight econ?

Not sure if the joint courses from LSE are as reputable..!
    Please help.
    Ben
    What is your aim after university? A high paying job in banking? If so, then go to LSE.

If you want to go for the experience, the love of your subject, etc. and would prefer a quieter place like York, then go to York.

You may be able to switch from Econ/Econ History to Economics at LSE after the first year subject to good grades.

ReputationRep:
    Think im gonna take LSE, better uni and course will still be good (im not that interest in econ history) but London will be a fun place to live anyway! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bengoodey)
    Think im gonna take LSE, better uni and course will still be good (im not that interest in econ history) but London will be a fun place to live anyway! Thanks
    If you aren't interested in the history of economics, don't take that course.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.