Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what passages from the section A of the anthology are likely to come up this year?

Also, what play and book are you doing for your English Literature, and how have you gone about revising?

ReputationRep:
    Well i'm not sure about you, but our teachers have mentioned that any random anthology could be brought up in this year's exam. But as revision tips, the best way to study for it is re-read the anthologies.

ReputationRep:
    No clue myself wish I could know also! We are doing Death of a Salesman, Wuthering Heights and Song of Ourselves for our Literature.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    can someone make a poll on anthology? i'm doing Romeo & Juliet and Pride & Prejudice :-)

ReputationRep:
    hi,
    can anyone tell me weather the revision guide is more helpful or the student book, which one of them i should study for the examination.
    :confused:
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by you-only-live-once)
    can someone make a poll on anthology? i'm doing Romeo & Juliet and Pride & Prejudice :-)
    there you go
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/poll...poll&t=2324366

ReputationRep:
    the link isn't working!

ReputationRep:
    YOOOOOO
    I HAVE MADE THE THREAD WITH A POLL FOR THE EDEXCEL IGCSE MAY 2013 ANTHOLOGY FOR ENGLISH LANGUAGE A
    VOTE HERE: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...7#post42339917

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parasagarwal01)
    YOOOOOO
    I HAVE MADE THE THREAD WITH A POLL FOR THE EDEXCEL IGCSE MAY 2013 ANTHOLOGY FOR ENGLISH LANGUAGE A
    VOTE HERE: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...7#post42339917
    The one we like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NightStrider)
    The one we like?
    come on dude! of course the one you are most expecting to come. Please vote wisely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parasagarwal01)
    come on dude! of course the one you are most expecting to come. Please vote wisely
    And we can base this on...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NightStrider)
    And we can base this on...
    i really dont understand what you are saying. If you want to vote, then vote or dont bother

thanks

ReputationRep:
    hey guys
    does anyine have notes on section b of the anthology… especially the prose as they are most likely to come up
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys & girls I'm having difficulty getting my head around studying for edexcel igcse English language, I've got the text book with the active cd & a writing pad. What's the objective of the subject, what are you meant to take down notes on & what's the revision method? I'm a mature student self studying in my spare time so I can't do coursework, group discussions or speak to a teacher as stated in anthologies etc...

ReputationRep:
    Basically, I would use this for help:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Edexcel-Cert...on+guide+igcse

It has all you need, and if you struggle with anthology stuff, it has notes on all the texts from all three sections. Also, it doesn't mess about with loads of unnecessary detail that other more expensive books give you.

If you need help with Literature, it's good for the major plays and novels. Overall, it gets A*s.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what the June 2013 English literature Romeo and Juliet was on?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.