Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'am having to go through UCAS extra.
    I have re-edited my personal statement to suit the new course. (Im going from child to adult nursing).
    I have applied to the same university I wanted from before.

I'm not really sure how it works, I sent my application but didn't get a confirmation email to say it has been sent & when I emailed my personal statement to the admissions email there was no automatic response like usual. But my UCAS has updated with my extra choice.

Anyone else using UCAS extra or anyone who knows about it!?
    Some advice would be really helpful and reassuring as I'm not sure how it works..

Many thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you arent confident that your Extra application has 'gone', then phone UCAS (dont email) and check.

ReputationRep:
    You didn't need to apply through Extra.... If it's for the same uni you already applied for, you should have just called them and ask them to change. If you had an offer, they now don't have to give you another one.

ReputationRep:
    I applied through UCAS extra because I didn't get any offers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ahh it has, I received a letter from UCAS when I got home, so sure enough it should of!
    I hope something works out this time!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've just applied for extended science via extra, original application was for adult nursing but I held no offers. Gonna rewrite my personal statement and send it off ASAP but can't help but feel like a **** for having send my application off Already... Ha.
    BeSt get to work...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh that's so annoying when it happens! How comes you have chosen to do extended science? Sounds quite interesting actually.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedheadDoll89)
    Ahhh that's so annoying when it happens! How comes you have chosen to do extended science? Sounds quite interesting actually.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    http://www.plymouth.ac.uk/files/extr...%20Science.pdf

Well as I can imagine it probably sounds odd me going from adult nursing to extended science, but after a bit of thinking (the rejections kinda just added to it haha) I realised that maybe I just wasnt ready for nursing just yet?
    Extended science is basically 4/5 years (year 0 and 3 or 4 year degree) - I mainly chose it to help me build confidence within myself and to also strengthen my sciences especially biology which I would then use when applying to Health sciences.
    I just havent a clue how to put that across in a new personal statement if that makes sense?
    Its nothing to do with wanting to change course completely coz i'm still wanting to stay within health sciences its just more of a 'i wanna build my confidence, make sure i've got the knowledge, be satisfied with that knowledge and then apply for nursing or something along them lines at a later date' kinda thing.
    If that makes sense? So its not like.. oh i applied for nursing and now decided i wanna study art or anything major.

I was told by plymouth that everything was fine with my application, and the fact i had an interview was a good representation of that in the first place, i was just rejected based on the fact there was so few places.
    Hmmm... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I understand what you mean.
    After all the knock backs i have had, i'am now starting to reconsider whether i really want to go into nursing.
    Being knocked back does help with the decision.
    I have had a look at studying Biomedical Science, so it's not a complete change as you still work in healthcare & NHS but it is just more back ground work. So you would be working in a lab and doing tests to help diagnose patients and treatments but you can work in so many different area's, you can also do research as well.
    Sounds much more interesting to me but i have got my application going through for adult nursing & i would need to change my statement again.
    The only thing that seriously puts me off is the tuition fee's & i also need to gain more confidence.
    My access course has given me a lot of confidence but i feel i would need more, especially with maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedheadDoll89)
    I understand what you mean.
    After all the knock backs i have had, i'am now starting to reconsider whether i really want to go into nursing.
    Being knocked back does help with the decision.
    I have had a look at studying Biomedical Science, so it's not a complete change as you still work in healthcare & NHS but it is just more back ground work. So you would be working in a lab and doing tests to help diagnose patients and treatments but you can work in so many different area's, you can also do research as well.
    Sounds much more interesting to me but i have got my application going through for adult nursing & i would need to change my statement again.
    The only thing that seriously puts me off is the tuition fee's & i also need to gain more confidence.
    My access course has given me a lot of confidence but i feel i would need more, especially with maths.
    Yeah at the moment I'm studying access to medicine and medical biosciences so at one point I had considered biomedical science at Uni, only thing that put me off was the chemistry side of things as I have a useless tutor and little to no confidence within it :/
    I'm pretty content regarding biology though, it keeps me interested and am forever fascinated - currently doing microbiology alongside which is pretty fancy. The only part of chemistry I managed to get good grades in was pharmacology... Weird that. Maybe it really just is my tutor.
    Either way, I think the extended course will be good. If Uni can bring my confidence up In chem and math (ie stats and calculus) I'll be set I think.
    I just need someone who will give me a little bit of extra help here and there as my dyslexia and dyspraxia really don't help things :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.