The Student Room Group

OCR C4 (not mei) 18th June 2013 revision

Scroll to see replies

Original post by a10
would you lose marks for leaving ur intergrated answer in terms of u, I got the right answer as most people but I just didn't sub back what u was? I hope they aren't that harsh :L

yh for q6 ) i didnt change it to terms of x , because the intergral had no limits so i thought theres no point really, if i lose marks for this ..
Original post by JASApplications
It does. 2.7^2/3 = 1.94 and 4.86^2/3 = 2.87

Yes but (a +b)^n is not the same as a^n +b^n

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 622
Original post by LydBarry
Really struggled, it was so difficult! Everyone seems to be finding it okay gah

The student room finding it ok is different to how the rest of the population found it :smile:
Reply 623
Original post by JakePreedy
I think that this would be okay because the question never specified what type of numbers "a" and "b" needed to be (i.e. rational, integer etc.) when in the form a ln(b).
If they were picky, they could certainly say rational only. Because ln(root3) isn't exacly nice is it? It's much nicer as 0.5ln3. Remember, people used to have logarithm tables to do conplex calculations before calculators so ln (root 3) would probably not have been on the list!
Original post by JimmyA*
I did the same :frown:. Hopefully we pick up a method mark here or there. I'm sure we'll get a few for attempting to seperate the variables etc.

Yeah ... :frown: I put -k instead of 1/k ... sigh.

I just didn't know what it meant :frown:
Is it just me that thought it seemed kinda similar to soloman papers? The questions just seemed kinda that way....
Reply 626
Original post by strikerextreme
yh for q6 ) i didnt change it to terms of x , because the intergral had no limits so i thought theres no point really, if i lose marks for this ..

I don't think we'll lose marks for it, if we do that's very harsh.
Original post by JimmyA*
The student room finding it ok is different to how the rest of the population found it :smile:

true
Reply 628
Original post by Maid Marian
Yeah ... :frown: I put -k instead of 1/k ... sigh.

I just didn't know what it meant :frown:

I just looked at it completely not understanding and just worked it out as if it was proportional :mad:
Reply 629
Just when you think an exam went well, you come on TSR and think ohhh ****......

this exam was quite tricky lots of places to mess up :s-smilie:
Original post by strikerextreme

Did the question say you have to?
If it didn't I think you'll be ok

Posted from TSR Mobile
All the things I did wrong:

-Forgot cos x = 0. I am an idiot.
-Didn't integrate tan2x properly. I am thick.
-Didn't know what inversely proportional meant. I really am thick.
-That means I got the whole of q8 wrong.
-Worked out the obtuse instead of acute angle, therefore I got the volume wrong.
-I don't think I got t=1 .... Sigh.
-That means I got q9 all wrong. More marks down the drain.
-Couldn't understand number 10 at all. No marks there.

Yeah. I really am beating myself up about this ... I need an A in maths to get into uni!!!!!!! :frown::frown:
Reply 632
Does anyone know how they worked out x=0.1 for q10? I just guessed 0.1 and it gave me the correct fraction lol
Reply 633
im just so shocked that t=1 not -1. how did i mess up such a basic question :frown:(((((
Original post by Maid Marian
All the things I did wrong:

-Worked out the obtuse instead of acute angle, therefore I got the volume wrong.

Yeah. I really am beating myself up about this ... I need an A in maths to get into uni!!!!!!! :frown::frown:

sin(171) = sin(9)
or whatever the values were, they are equal so if you did the rest right your volume should be fine. I left it as 171 as well....
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by JimmyA*
I just looked at it completely not understanding and just worked it out as if it was proportional :mad:

:console: I just couldn't remember what it meant ... I thought it might have meant k was a minus ... how stupid.
What you did was probably better than what I did. We obviously both did it wrong, but mine was doubly wrong :frown:
Original post by a10
Just when you think an exam went well, you come on TSR and think ohhh ****......

this exam was quite tricky lots of places to mess up :s-smilie:

which questions did you find hard jiraiya :tongue: ?

i was thrown off by q10)

i think those kind of expansion questions come in aqa past papers
Original post by a10
I don't think we'll lose marks for it, if we do that's very harsh.

Unfortunately, I think you do, I lost a mark for that in my mock

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Namige
Does anyone know how they worked out x=0.1 for q10? I just guessed 0.1 and it gave me the correct fraction lol

I'm guessing that you put it into the unexpanded version? If you put it in the expanded version it gave 0.176 or something like that.
Original post by HypErTwisT
sin(173) = sin(9)
or whatever the values were, they are equal so if you did the rest right your volume should be fine. I left it as 171 as well....

I don't know, the answer everyone gave for the volume didn't ring any bells. I probably messed it up in some other way...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending