Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My friend and I want to catch up with each other over after dinner drinks in Covent Garden (we are both 18) but most places are over21 only.
    Is this written in stone or will they be likely to let us in if we go a bit earlier than normal?

What type of enviroment is it bar, nightclub? If they do say that it is over 21s then im afraid you will not be able to enter.

ReputationRep:
    Well, it's not illegal to let you in so I guess it depends how lax the door staff are. I wouldn't be surprised if 'over 21' in some places is just to keep the rowdy students out so if you looked business-like maybe they wouldn't care as much.

ReputationRep:
    Most of the place in that area aren't over 21's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by You!Me!Dancing!)
    Well, it's not illegal to let you in so I guess it depends how lax the door staff are. I wouldn't be surprised if 'over 21' in some places is just to keep the rowdy students out so if you looked business-like maybe they wouldn't care as much.
    It could be part of the terms of their license. So in some cases it actually could be illegal. But I'd assume the consequences of breaking the rule wouldn't be as extreme as letting in under 18s.

In my home town there is an over 21s nightclub (or there was, it might not be over 21 any more), and I know it was pretty common for under 21s to go in. I never did myself, but I did go there with a girlfriend who was 19. The bouncer let us in but said to me "She's under 21, look after her", and that was that. So I'm guessing in their case it wasn't part of their license.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 3, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.