Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hi, I currently study Architecture And Planning at Bristol UWE. Recently I've decided that I do not wish to carry on my studies there, as I feel the course just isn't right for me! I wish to start back home at AUCB which, i was excepted to last year. My question is that if I fail or dropout now (1 month from finishing my first year) will I have to pay back loans, grants and bursaries ?

    Any help will be great!

    You will still have to repay the loans for your first year. Bursaries are usually given by the uni, so you'd need to check with them about possible repayment. You won't have to repay your grants.

    However the good news is that if your next course is only three years long, you should still get Student Finance funding for all three years. The general calculation is "years of course - years of previous study + 1 year, which in your case will be 3-1+1=3.
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.