Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Movies that deserve a sequel Watch

ReputationRep:
    List movies you think should have a sequel or continue.This is my personal list:
    Harry potter should keep going!
    UP! Should have another movie, as should many Disney's eg. Wall-E.

Also, what movies shouldn't have continued?
    I mean mines would be Final Destination and Saw which after say the third instalment they dragged!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Never mind a sequel, I think the Farseer Trilogy and the one after that should have films!

I'd have likes to see LotR go further. Obviously it wouldn't since like with Harry Potter, the books don't go that far. :3

Films I don't think should have had a sequel are the lion king 2. It was alright in Itself but I thought the 3rd one was pushing it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Dark Knight Rises. They set it up perfectly for a sequel but i've read they don't intend to have one.
    Also 'Finding Nemo' which is why i'm delighted to hear about the sequel today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mimiii)
    List movies you think should have a sequel or continue.This is my personal list:

I mean mines would be Final Destination and Saw which after say the third instalment they dragged!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They are making a sequal to finding Nemo, FINDING DORI. It looks interesting really
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH9O0B1auKU

ReputationRep:
    I'd like them to make 'The Real RocknRolla'.

21 Jump Street

Drive

Leon: The Professional - Natalie Portman as an adult.

ReputationRep:
    Not Finding Nemo, that's for sure... it was decent the first time - but not really for the plot; more for the visuals, which were stunning at the time - it seems a little bit silly to me.

Dory was irritating, she can stay lost.

I'd quite like a True Lies sequel. They'd have to find new actors though, obviously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beckyweck)
    Never mind a sequel, I think the Farseer Trilogy and the one after that should have films!

I'd have likes to see LotR go further. Obviously it wouldn't since like with Harry Potter, the books don't go that far. :3

Films I don't think should have had a sequel are the lion king 2. It was alright in Itself but I thought the 3rd one was pushing it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm watching LotRs now Apparently Tolkein thought about more books with like a cult of Sauron thing but thought it had reached it's conclusion. Something like that anyway, at least we've got The Hobbit to look forward too!

And yeah I agree on The Lion King. The third was

ReputationRep:
    The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy should have had as many sequels as there were books. Sadly, they didn't make enough money.
    Also, the Iron Giant, which is my favourite film of all time.

Ones which should definitely not have had a sequel, Lady and the Tramp. The first one was beautiful, the second one awful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 321zero)

21 Jump Street

Drive

Sounds interesting.

ReputationRep:

21 Jump Street

Drive

21 Jump Street's sequel will be released next year or 2015 I think, well they announced last year that they were writing the script for it anyway :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ysgytlaeth)
    21 Jump Street's sequel will be released next year or 2015 I think, well they announced last year that they were writing the script for it anyway :P
    Great news

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rlw31)
    Sounds interesting.
    It seems silly not to do it. Obviously not Jean Reno or Gary Oldman but Natalie Portman is more than capable of leading the movie

ReputationRep:
    I won't say it deserves it as I didn't think it was done that well, but I'd like to see them do the rest of the trilogy of "His dark materials"

ReputationRep:
    Oh and...

300 - Re-made as the last one was a freakin' embarrassment for all involved. One of the greatest myths and they really screwed it up.

Also, Troy but this time, we forget Homer's version and Eric Bana wins. (wahhay).

ReputationRep:
    It seems silly not to do it. Obviously not Jean Reno or Gary Oldman but Natalie Portman is more than capable of leading the movie
    Tony: A job? What the hell can you do?
    Mathilda: I can "clean".

Damn it, now I want to watch Léon when I should be going to bed!

ReputationRep:
    Lesbian Vampire Killers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mimiii)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks for this thread - I'm now going to write to Natalie Portman and make some money

ReputationRep:
    There are sooo many sequels that get made just because Hollywood businessmen have money hard-ons, rather than because it's worth continuing the story. Like the Paranormal Activity sequels; what a load of old tits.

ReputationRep:
    In Bruges

ReputationRep:
    oh and too obviously but District 9 obviously, not heard anything totally solid that a sequel is under works yet.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.