Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've really wanted to go to china for ages now but have put it off for various reasons and now think it's now or never. I graduated last summer and I am turning 22 in a couple of months. So the two options I have found are BUNAC and rhe british council english language assistantship. Both have advantages and disadvantages and I would love peoples opinions on what I should do!

BUNAC: the big disadvantage is that it's expensive - over £2000 and that doesn't include flights and visa I don't think. I could afford it but it would mean using all my savings and it seems like a bit of a rip off. It is only for 6 months which is good in case I hate it and I an also leaving my bf of 4 years behind and would like us to at least try to stay together. There is also a TEFL course included but I am not sure how reputable it is and it may just be useless? The big advantage is that I could leave this august. I am also a bit concerned that most people will be 18 year olds on gap years and I won't really fit in.

British council: big advantage is money. There are very few expensises and flights are paid for by the school on completion of contract. It is for 10 months which is a little more daunting. The main disadvantage is that I wouldn't beable to go until september 2014, I would be 24 by the time I come back and it worries me that I wouldn't have started on my career by then. I have already had a year of working in apointless jb this year and I don't really want to do it again. Also would I still count as a recent graduate if I graduated over 2 years ago at the time if departure? I also don't know how competitive it is.

Help please!

ReputationRep:
    anyone have any experience of these two organisations??

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 3, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.