The Student Room Group

GCSE exams in May/June 2013

Scroll to see replies

only maths left for me bitches
Reply 401
Original post by Squidgy
Edexcel - Unit 1?

Yeah I'm retaking, I got a B on the first exam and I am retaking again, please give me some advice, if I do all of mymaths tonight and understand along with past papers looked at, do you think I can get an A/A*?
Reply 402
Original post by ShahUsman
Yeah I'm retaking, I got a B on the first exam and I am retaking again, please give me some advice, if I do all of mymaths tonight and understand along with past papers looked at, do you think I can get an A/A*?

I got an A the first time round, I'm just trying to scavenge a few more UMS to make up for any mistakes I make in Unit 3.

The thing with maths is the questions are usually pretty similar paper to paper, just different numbers. So I guess if you can understand and do past papers fine you'll be alright in the exam.

I'd say just do past papers and questions and anything you don't understand how to do look up how on Mymaths and practice as much as you can, there's not much more that can be done.
Original post by Jack59
Its normally around 65%, generally speaking. However for my Science its 50% and my final maths exam around 68-75%

Cheers :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any one doing exam unit 3 on Friday?
Reply 406
Original post by mcmuzzi98
Any one doing exam unit 3 on Friday?

I got maths paper 2 on friday

Posted from TSR Mobile
how hard do you think the paper tomorrow will be
Reply 408
Original post by rosie_pops
how hard do you think the paper tomorrow will be

I think it will be easier since paper 1 was hard

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 409
what answers did you et for the uesdya maths apaper
Reply 410
Original post by jimmyk900
what answers did you et for the uesdya maths apaper

Which question though? Lol and do you have the paper tomorrow too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 411
Just finished my 26 GCSE exams!!! Finally :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 412
Original post by kjackson
Just finished my 26 GCSE exams!!! Finally :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lucky! I have 2 left

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 413
Anyone do the computer science exam?
I have my maths unit 2 exam tommorow, anyone have any idea what its going to be like? I've been revising using past papers but then I came across the novemeber 2010 one today and It was SO HARD I hope nothing like that comes up because then ill be fine, any thoughts guys?
Reply 415
Original post by gGinaa
I got maths paper 2 on friday

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you know if there is a thread for this exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jams97
Do you know if there is a thread for this exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, atleast I dont think so, I've looked all over tsr and I cant find one, I want to start one but im new so dont really know how to. :smile:
Reply 417
Original post by TheGeekGal
I have my maths unit 2 exam tommorow, anyone have any idea what its going to be like? I've been revising using past papers but then I came across the novemeber 2010 one today and It was SO HARD I hope nothing like that comes up because then ill be fine, any thoughts guys?

I'm doing this tomorrow as a retake. I don't want to re take but teacher is forcing me to...but done no revision! Make you're u know ur surds...things like that are hard to guess

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jams97
I'm doing this tomorrow as a retake. I don't want to re take but teacher is forcing me to...but done no revision! Make you're u know ur surds...things like that are hard to guess

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did no revision for my unit 1 and got a B :frown: ( I was hoping for an A) I thought I did well but...
So now I've revised for this and I really want an overall A* in maths so that means I need like 98% on this and 98% on my unit 3 but if I flunk out I guess Ill be fine with an A or a B.

The last past paper I did in school I got 100% and if i dont get my unit 3 right this time then Im resitting in november, what did you get the first time around?
Reply 419
Original post by TheGeekGal
No, atleast I dont think so, I've looked all over tsr and I cant find one, I want to start one but im new so dont really know how to. :smile:

Ha same... I will try and make one and let you know

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest