The Student Room Group

Mature students studying "Classics"

Hello,

Is there somebody in the department of "Classics" or "Oriental Studies" who can share his(her) experience as a mature student? It would be interesting to know if there re older students like me - I'm 23 and will be 24 when apply. Also I'm interesting in the application process. Was it different from that of traditional students?
Reply 1
Original post by Scholar1996
Hello,

Is there somebody in the department of "Classics" or "Oriental Studies" who can share his(her) experience as a mature student? It would be interesting to know if there re older students like me - I'm 23 and will be 24 when apply. Also I'm interesting in the application process. Was it different from that of traditional students?

You apply through UCAS to a college in the same way as applicants who are under 21. The only difference is that you would be able, if you wish, to apply to Harris Manchester, a college which admits exclusively mature students.
Reply 2
Original post by Bax-man
You apply through UCAS to a college in the same way as applicants who are under 21. The only difference is that you would be able, if you wish, to apply to Harris Manchester, a college which admits exclusively mature students.

Harris Manchester doesn't teach Classics, just to add :smile: But yes the application (including written work requirements) are the same
Reply 3
There was a guy in my Latin class who I think was 24ish when we started so you won't be alone, and as other people have mentioned the course/requirements are the same, so I wouldn't worry about it at all :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending