Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So next academic year I'll be in my 3rd year, doing a placement.

It's paid, usually around £13k-£16k, does that mean I have taxable unearned income for the Student Finance England application?

If so, what should I put as a figure, I'm being ask what the unearned income is, should I put an average figure and change it later?

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conchiron)
    So next academic year I'll be in my 3rd year, doing a placement.

It's paid, usually around £13k-£16k, does that mean I have taxable unearned income for the Student Finance England application?

If so, what should I put as a figure, I'm being ask what the unearned income is, should I put an average figure and change it later?

Thank you!
    I'd always thought taxable unearned income relates to savings interest and share dividends.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure your payment from your placement will be 'taxable [and taxed] earned income'.

If you are paid in the form of an educational grant or bursary, then that is non-taxable and also would not need to be declared.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LexiswasmyNexis)
    I'm pretty sure your payment from your placement will be 'taxable [and taxed] earned income'
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    So what I get paid during my placement I don't declare on the application?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Is cheesecake a cake?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.