Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone! Hope everybody is having a really good Easter. Just a quick question tho.
    I've been revising maths using exam solutions and doing the exam questions after learning through the videos. Do you think that will be enough?
    Do you have any tips?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Assuming you mean for resits? Hmm, I can't remember if that should be enough. If you have the AS books, then maybe go through some questions on that which you find difficult as it is possible that they leave some topics out on certain papers and then they might put it in your one and you haven't gone through it.

One advantage of having done an extra year of maths is a lot of the skills will seem really basic to you and you will be able to think your way through more questions. For example, seeing as you haven covered more complex integration and differentiation topics, you will easily be able to integrate and differentiate anything they give you in your resit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claret_n_blue)
    Assuming you mean for resits? Hmm, I can't remember if that should be enough. If you have the AS books, then maybe go through some questions on that which you find difficult as it is possible that they leave some topics out on certain papers and then they might put it in your one and you haven't gone through it.

One advantage of having done an extra year of maths is a lot of the skills will seem really basic to you and you will be able to think your way through more questions. For example, seeing as you haven covered more complex integration and differentiation topics, you will easily be able to integrate and differentiate anything they give you in your resit.
    No, not resists, this is my first time doing as maths

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Went though all the mixed exercise end of chapter questions in the textbook.
    Went through all past papers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pilot96)
    Hey everyone! Hope everybody is having a really good Easter. Just a quick question tho.
    I've been revising maths using exam solutions and doing the exam questions after learning through the videos. Do you think that will be enough?
    Do you have any tips?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i think thats enough because thats what im doing too. i learn maths on youtube then do past year papers

ReputationRep:
    I just did exam papers and looked on Exam Solution to find out how to do the questions I got wrong and I got an A. I'd probably have got a D if it wasn't for Exam Solution- he's great!

ReputationRep:
    Past papers and textbook questions. Think I used youtube videos for one topic that I'd missed all of the lessons for which was really useful too.

ReputationRep:
    For S1, I revised by doing textbook questions & all the past papers once and I got an A. On the other hand for C1 I went completely overboard, did all the past papers twice (sometimes 3 times), did all the solomon papers too along with a few worksheets and got a borderline B due to bad timing and missing 1/4 of the paper out! I think it's best to find a balance tbh

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.