I need your help guys!
I have a small research project for college that I need to do that is due in pretty damn soon.
I would really appreciate if anyone could spare 10 minutes or so filling out this short questionnaire on animal research for me.
I'll post the questions below and you can either reply to them in the thread or email them to me at [email protected]
I know it looks like a lot, but the majority of them are just yes/no questions!If you do this, I shall love you all for ever and ever
1) Are you:
2) What is your age?
3) Are you vegan/vegetarian/not eatingmeat due to religious reasons?
4) If answered yes to the above, wouldyou agree that being either of the above, somewhat influences youropinion on animal testing?(Yes/no/N.A)
5) Do currently (or have previously)owned domesticated animals as pets? (Yes/No)
6) Are you against animal testing forcosmetic purposes? Why?
7) Are you against animal testing formedical purposes? Why?
8) If yes, at what point (if any) wouldyou agree or somewhat accept animal research for medical purposes?For example, if specific life saving treatments were unavailablewithout it )
9) Does it matter on the type of animalused? For example; Preferable use of rodents(mice & rats) overdomesticated animals such as cats & dogs? Why?
10)If you knew animals were given somepain relief would it alter your opinion on animal research?
11) Do you think the general consensuswithin society puts a bad name on people who agree with animaltesting?
12) Do you think that more animaltesting is needed to increase the rate at which medical treatmentsare being discovered and developed?
13 )Do you think other methods ofresearch would be just as beneficial as testing on animals? (If so, could you think of an example?)
14) Do you think animal testing isnecessary for the development of medical purposes? (you maydisagree with animal testing itself but still think it is necessary).
15) Do you think animal testing isnecessaryfor the development of cosmetic purposes?
I6) If you know a cosmetic product hadbeen produced through the use of animal testing would you continue touse it?
17) Would you pay more for a cosmeticproduct that wasn’t tested on animals over a cheaper product thathad been?
18) Would you agree that animal testingis acceptable if it provides a greater understanding of animals thatcould possibly lead to proper care and treatments for animalsthemselves?
19) Do you believe it would be okay tocarry out research on animals that would otherwise be euthanised?
20) If you knew that cancer treatmentsand other life saving drugs have been made available due to thediscoveries made by animal testing would your original opinion stillbe the same?
21) Do you think it would be morallywrong to test on willing humans rather than animals? Why?
22) Do you think it would be morallywrong to test on prisoners serving life sentences? (Yes/no/depends)why?
23) Do you think it would be morallywrong to test on humans that are brain damaged & have no qualityof life? (Yes/no/Unsure)
24) Do you think there will ever be apoint in the future when animal research for medical uses are nolonger needed? (Yes/no/unsure)
25) Do you agree with the breeding ofanimals purely for research and testing purposes?(Yes/No/unsure)
26)Do you believe animals have rights?(Yes/No/Unsure)
27) Overall, do you believe that theneed for medicine and cosmetics takes priority over animal welfare?
I need your Opinions!! Click on me! You know you want to Watch
- Thread Starter
- 02-04-2013 14:48
- Thread Starter
- 02-04-2013 23:45
Pllleeeaaaseeee ? Anyboddddyyy?
- 03-04-2013 00:07
It would be so much easier if you could make a survey on a website like survey monkey.
- 03-04-2013 00:15
6. No - I do not believe animals have rights at all.
7. No - I do not believe animals have rights at all.
12. Yes, but it should be funded by the private sector or charity - medical research is not in my view the responsibility of government
18. This is not why I agree with animal testing, but yes
21. No - nothing is immoral to do to someone if you have their consent.
22. Yes - if it is done without their consent.
23. Yes - if it is done without their consent.
24. I doubt it.
There you go.